Celebrity Century Cruise Review by hsmcruise: 4 day sail

Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century Western Caribbean Cruises

4 day sail

Sail Date: December 2010

EMBARKATION; Arrived at terminal so early (around ll:00) that security wasn't letting anyone enter. once they opened, the whole process was reasonably fast, and I had my welcome champagne, by ll:30. We were told that the rooms would not be ready until after 1:30 but the buffet was open and we were able to explore the ship.

ACCOMMODATIONS; We had concierge class rooms, but this room was much smaller than other celebrity ships. the balcony was also small. it really was only for 2 people. the bed was curved at the end so that u would have more room, but my hubby and myself kept getting in each others way. the bathroom shower was a little larger than some other ships.

FOOD; WE did "select" dining and made reservations for 7:00 pm for most nights.

some nights the service was better than others, but on the most part it was very good, and I especially enjoyed the halibut that was served one night. the food was good, not great. Also ate breakfast twice in dining More room and service was slow. I would recommend the spa cafe for breakfast.

gym/spa: I took a spin class, which was fine ($12) I like that they don't force u to sign up for all the classes like on princess. the gym got crowded early in the a.m. when I was there. the persian garden room was nice, although I'm not sure it is worth it for such a short cruise (I think it was $70) DISEMBARKATION; We did walk off, where u have to carry your suitcases off the ship yourself. even though it is a little of a pain, it beats searching for your suitcases (someone once took ours by accident). they tell u walkoff is at 6:30 am

we got downstairs at about 7;00 am, just a few minutes through passport control and no line for a taxi. (I heard later there was a 10 minute wait for taxi to airport.

Overall great cruise. nice mix of ages on ship (not all senior citizens) entertainment was pretty good, although I did not enjoy the last show of dancing around the world. the dancers were great, but it was boring. Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Century Concierge Class Vista Deck (9) 9092

we got off the ship early (8:30) and the stores were all open. We walked to the southernmost point in the nation, and they also had the southernmost chanukah menorah in the nation. we then walked past hemingway's house and the lighthouse. we stopped for frozen chocolate key lime pie at Kermit's which was delicious. great town to just wander around, unfortunately not alot of time there.

COZUMEL- We have been to this port a few times. we love Chanakanaab state park. I've been to playa mia (which is too much like coney island) we decided to do something new and at the suggestion of the taxi driver we went to Mr. Sanchos beach. ($15.00 taxi ride, no admission fee.) as soon as we arrived i knew we wouldn't be happy. they had trampolines in the water. we paid $10 for an umbrella but there were people smoking cigarettes and cigars and we hated it. we left took a taxi to chanakanaab. we had a coupon so admission was $19 per person. the snorkelling was great, the beach and huts beautiful. we were there late, and it was quiet and peaceful. loved it! didn't have to pay for "hut" or chairs and they now make u wear a "safety vest" in the water.

Read 729 Key West Reviews