Celebrity Century Cruise Review by hsmcruise

Celebrity Century
Member Name: hsmcruise
Cruise Date: December 2010
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

4 day sail
EMBARKATION; Arrived at terminal so early (around ll:00) that security wasn't letting anyone enter. once they opened, the whole process was reasonably fast, and I had my welcome champagne, by ll:30. We were told that the rooms would not be ready until after 1:30 but the buffet was open and we were able to explore the ship.

ACCOMMODATIONS; We had concierge class rooms, but this room was much smaller than other celebrity ships. the balcony was also small. it really was only for 2 people. the bed was curved at the end so that u would have more room, but my hubby and myself kept getting in each others way. the bathroom shower was a little larger than some other ships.

FOOD; WE did "select" dining and made reservations for 7:00 pm for most nights.

some nights the service was better than others, but on the most part it was very good, and I especially enjoyed the halibut that was served one night. the food was good, not great. Also ate breakfast twice in dining room and service was slow. I would recommend the spa cafe for breakfast.

gym/spa: I took a spin class, which was fine ($12) I like that they don't force u to sign up for all the classes like on princess. the gym got crowded early in the a.m. when I was there. the persian garden room was nice, although I'm not sure it is worth it for such a short cruise (I think it was $70)

DISEMBARKATION; We did walk off, where u have to carry your suitcases off the ship yourself. even though it is a little of a pain, it beats searching for your suitcases (someone once took ours by accident). they tell u walkoff is at 6:30 am

we got downstairs at about 7;00 am, just a few minutes through passport control and no line for a taxi. (I heard later there was a 10 minute wait for taxi to airport.

Overall great cruise. nice mix of ages on ship (not all senior citizens) entertainment was pretty good, although I did not enjoy the last show of dancing around the world. the dancers were great, but it was boring.

Publication Date: 12/10/10