Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by HppyHrss56

Member Name: HppyHrss56
Cruise Date: November 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: IE
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Thanksgiving Cruise 2010 Norwegian Dawn
This is only my second cruise but I was disappointed with the Dawn. I cruised before on the Costa Atlantica, last Thanksgiving, and my same friend and I were busy, busy all the time with fun activities. The list of activities on the Dawn left a lot to be desired. I feel like if you were the type of person who did not want to do physical activities but would rather sit and listen to lectures, then you would be very happy with the Dawn. This cruise was definitely geared more for people who, perhaps, were older, or at least who did not like physical activity.

The ship's auditorium is in desperate need of renovation. All of the chairs lean down and by the end of the show, you felt as if you were going to slide out. We were constantly pushing ourselves back into our seats. Also, the space between your seat and the seat in front of you made the space on airplanes look like a lounge chair. I could not sit in my seat without hitting my knees on the back of the chair in front of me. I am 5'11, and there was only one row of seats that had enough room that we could sit comfortably.

The staff was excellent. The ship was clean. The food was good. I got my money's worth. But, when I got off of the Dawn, I was glad to be going home.

Publication Date: 12/01/10