“Thanksgiving Cruise”

MAD TO CRUISE
Member Since 2001
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I think Norwegian has alot of catching up to do with the other cruise lines. Number one disappointment was the beverages. First of all they only carry Pepsi products which I cannot stand, and they don't offer anything free but awful tea. In the mornings they do have cranberry juice and orange juice and maybe one other juice. I started making my own lemonade to get something to drink or either get dehydrated. They were always running out of everything you needed like, silverware, plastic cups, and etc. I noticed the tables were often left not cleaned and passengers searching for a spot to eat. Most tables I sat at didn't have salt or pepper either, I had to go searching.

Water leaks everywhere from start to finish. One night I was walking and the crew where trying to stop the biggest water leak I have ever seen on 16 cruises. It was coming from a crew area and flowing from the ceiling like a waterfall and running into the walkway carpet on the ship. It actually scared me to see all that water coming out in a common area. After-all we are on a ship that could sink. When we first boarded the ship there were bucket all around with water dropping into them. Call me crazy but with all those leaks it had to be a health hazard.

The cabin was nice except that bathroom toilet. I don't see how some larger passengers fit into that hole. It was wall to wall toilet and no other room.

We enjoyed the food and have no complaints about that or the service in the dining room. I don't like the freestyle dining cause too many people coming in and out and very distracting. In my opinion the waiters don't seem as interested in you when they don't have you as a customer everyday.

We enjoyed all the excursions and the ports. I loved the sailing we did around the island of St. Kitt on the excursion scenic railroad and sail, it was awesome.

The ships activities were lacking. I think it was due to the cruise director her name was Karen and didn't see around the ship at all. No good activities going on during our 3 sea days. Also,noticed alot of things you had to pay extra for that I don't see on the other cruise lines.

We enjoyed the dancers and singers they were excellent and did a fantastic job.

Norwegian Dawn Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

Port
Took historic tour and beach. It was fun and interesting visiting the dockyard then on to the beach. Nice buffet good food and pretty beach. Good excursion.

Read 1,035 Antigua Reviews
Port
Visiting alot of the parishes and St. John's church was nice. Went to the beach of Bathsheba which was awesome.

Good bus driver cause the road were terrible and scary.

Read 998 Barbados Reviews
Port
Loved this port mainly because of the sailing around the island then the train ride we saw and heard it all. Great time.

Thanks

Read 1,042 St. Kitts Reviews
Port
The baths were interesting and pretty. The part of the beach where we went the waves were too rough for us to swim. We are older and should of taken the tour to explore the other caves but was afraid we would fall. We had a wonderful time seeing the sights and they had a beautiful pool you could swim if you liked. Pretty place want to go back and explore those caves we were afraid to do because of our age.

Read 967 Tortola Reviews
Published 12/01/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Dawn Review
Norwegian Dawn Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?