Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by MAD TO CRUISE

Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: MAD TO CRUISE
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: BD
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Thanksgiving Cruise
I think Norwegian has alot of catching up to do with the other cruise lines. Number one disappointment was the beverages. First of all they only carry Pepsi products which I cannot stand, and they don't offer anything free but awful tea. In the mornings they do have cranberry juice and orange juice and maybe one other juice. I started making my own lemonade to get something to drink or either get dehydrated. They were always running out of everything you needed like, silverware, plastic cups, and etc. I noticed the tables were often left not cleaned and passengers searching for a spot to eat. Most tables I sat at didn't have salt or pepper either, I had to go searching.

Water leaks everywhere from start to finish. One night I was walking and the crew where trying to stop the biggest water leak I have ever seen on 16 cruises. It was coming from a crew area and flowing from the ceiling like a waterfall and running into the walkway carpet on the ship. It actually scared me to see all that water coming out in a common area. After-all we are on a ship that could sink. When we first boarded the ship there were bucket all around with water dropping into them. Call me crazy but with all those leaks it had to be a health hazard.

The cabin was nice except that bathroom toilet. I don't see how some larger passengers fit into that hole. It was wall to wall toilet and no other room.

We enjoyed the food and have no complaints about that or the service in the dining room. I don't like the freestyle dining cause too many people coming in and out and very distracting. In my opinion the waiters don't seem as interested in you when they don't have you as a customer everyday.

We enjoyed all the excursions and the ports. I loved the sailing we did around the island of St. Kitt on the excursion scenic railroad and sail, it was awesome.

The ships activities were lacking. I think it was due to the cruise director her name was Karen and didn't see around the ship at all. No good activities going on during our 3 sea days. Also,noticed alot of things you had to pay extra for that I don't see on the other cruise lines.

We enjoyed the dancers and singers they were excellent and did a fantastic job.

Publication Date: 12/01/10