Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by April7901

Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: B1
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

What a fabulous way to spend a week!
I traveled on a 7-day Western Mediterranean on the Jade, out of Barcelona. Ports were Monte Carlo, Livorno (Florence), Civitavecchia (Rome), Naples, and Palma de Mallorca.

The Jade was a lovely ship. Admittedly, I did not spend significant time investigating details and running around the ship. To be honest, by the time we were finished with port days, we were way too exhausted to do much of anything!

There were three adult women in an aft BA. It was *tight* with the third bed (sofa bed) made up - but we more than managed. We certainly didn't spend enough time in our cabin to be horribly inconvenienced. The balcony was a wonderful addition, though I probably would not opt for a balcony on such a port-intensive trip again.

We went to several of the shows - the opening night, the 60's revue, Elements, and what was advertised as "Spanish ballet" - but I saw nothing resembling ballet. The shows were good - I actually recognized one of the dancers from my previous cruise on the Sky!

Food was pretty good. I'm super picky, and I was always able to find something to eat. We did Papa's Italian Kitchen one night, and Cagney's one night. we did Alizar a few times, and Grand Pacific one time. We ate in the buffet one night, and did lunch at Blue Lagoon. Had drinks at many of the bars, and all were pretty good.

Our cruise director, Gary, was just enthusiastic enough without being obnoxious. I barely noticed the announcements, and he was always very pleasant.

I did purchase the spa pass for the week ($99). It was absolutely, totally 100% worth it for me. There was nothing quite like coming in after a long day of walking, and going straight to the spa for an uninterrupted hour of bliss between the ladies only whirlpool, thalassotherapy pool, and relaxing in the lounge with a hot cup of tea. I probably would not do the spa pass on a less intense cruise, though.

I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, and purchased my Cruise Reward to start planning the next!

Publication Date: 11/29/10