Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by banosr: Smoking in the Epic

Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

Smoking in the Epic

Sail Date: November 2010

I had a great time on my cruise and love the ship as well as Freestyle cruising. For me the only problem was that there is not a single bar in the inside of the ship where I could have an after dinner drink and a cigarette. For me, this is more important than smoking in my cabin or anywhere outside as long as there are some smoking decks.

I don't mind smoke even when I am eating but on some parts of the 5th and 7th floor you would get the stench of put out cigarettes. For me it would have made much more sense to put the casino on the 7th floor, since smoke tends to go up instead of putting it o the 6th floor with openings to the 5th and 7th floor, and I would not put restaurants, like the noodle bar next to the casino where everyone smokes.

The cigar room is a small enclosed room without a bar and with a poor extraction system and poor ventilation. Why not put a proper cigar bar next to the casino with a good extraction system and maybe the option to open windows to More the outside instead of the big players tables where no one goes.

Other issue I had was with the restaurants wine lists, I appreciate the idea of a themed wine list according to the restaurant, but I think they should also offer a full wine list from all over the world in all restaurants, not because I am eating on a Brazilian restaurant I want wines from Argentina and Chile, even if they have great wines.

Most of the Restaurants ranged from good to great, specially the French Bistro where we dinned 2 nights, but not a single restaurant offered a nice fish other than salmon and swordfish even tough you are in the middle of the ocean. (Not that it matters since they don't fish on the cruise ship)

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and I am planning to take my kids to the Epic next year, but I think they could improve a lot with some minor changes. Less

Published 11/28/10

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: H217033 Deluxe Owner's Suite

I had never seen such a wonderful cabin, dinning room, living room, balcony, 3 free bottles of liquor for your bar plus an espresso and cappuccino machine from Lavazza. Huge bathroom and walk in closet. I wasn't too sure from the floor plans, but the design is a lot better than the one on the floor plans. The only downside is that most of the balcony is viewable from the top deck at the pool, so you don't get as much privacy as you may want.

Read All Deluxe Owner's Suite (H2) Reviews >>
banosr
Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X

See Norwegian Epic deals up to 82% off:

November Deals
Norwegian Epic 66% Loved It

7-day Eastern Caribbean From Orlando (port Canaveral)