Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Jenzyismyname: My first cruise!

Jenzyismyname
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

My first cruise!

Sail Date: November 2010

Before going on my cruise, I read a lot of bad reviews about the Epic and was a little scared. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!! This cruise ship and experience were AMAZING!

The embarkation and disembarkation were soo easy and smooth. We were on and off the ship within ten minutes. This ship is so new, and clean and they do such a good job making sure it is kept clean. There was never a night that I didn't have anything to do. I saw Legends, Blue Man Group, and Second City and they were all awesome (and free!). On nights that there wasn't one of those shows there were always some REALLY fun type of dating or newlywed shows that were soo funny and entertaining!

The main club/drinking spot at night is Bliss- that is where most people seemed to go. It was really fun and always had a DJ playing good dance music! Spice H2O was is the outside bar/club which was really never crowded.. but it was my favorite spot because I love being outside. During More the day it is a pool and at night it turns into a dance floor.

The food was amazing on the ship! The free buffet always had amazing food! I was expecting it to be gross..because I always thought of buffets as being gross..but it was as good as a nice restaurant or even better! The only other places I ate for dinner were the two free dining areas which also had really good food!

The crew on the ship were AMAZING! They were always there to help and were always smiling and had great attitudes. They seemed to have just as much fun as the cruisers!

The only things I would do differently are..

-Next time I think I want to save up for a balcony room. While I didn't spend much time in my room..when I did..I didn't like how I couldn't relax on the balcony instead of just sitting on the bed. The rooms are a little awkward with the toilet and shower being separate..but they are still really new and nice! The hairdryer in the room is awesome so you don't need to bring your own.

-We went to the Western Carribean (Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel). I probably wouldn't go there again- it was nothing too great. We couldn't even spend 20 minutes in Roatan because there were people begging for money everywhere. If you are going to the Western Carribean.. I would say it is not worth it at all unless you pay for excursions.

Overall, my time on the Norwegian Epic was incredible and I recommend it to everyone!!!! I am already planning another trip on it! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>