“Wonderful getaway”

Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my first cruise. I didn't think I'd like cruising because I feared the passengers would be loud, drunk and obnoxious and that the whole thing would be cheesy. That wasn't true at all aboard the Celebrity Century. Despite the rock-bottom price my friend and I paid for our 4-night cruise with stops in Key West and Cozumel, it was an elegant ship with delicious food, friendly service and cool people.

Just a few of the things we enjoyed:

* Pool butlers coming around offering cold towels and free cups of lemon icee

* Free champagne when boarding

* Late-night pizzeria where chef made me my own cheeseless pizza at 1 a.m. (no extra charge)

* Free room service

* Locker-room sauna + elegant rainfall shower + free mud mask sample = free spa afternoon

* Interesting artwork throughout every area of the ship

* Elegant dining every night with white tablecloths and a gazillion pieces of silverware

* Entertainment: amazing juggler, funny comedian, talented pianist/singer

* Very friendly staff

* A room that, despite being the cheapest cabin class of the ship, was nicer than some $100 a night+ hotel rooms I've stayed in. We actually enjoyed hanging out here.

* Our waiter at dinner had green apple slices sent to our room when we left early because of motion sickness. No charge. The next morning, he saw us at breakfast in another part of the ship, remembered us and asked how we were feeling.

* Fellow passengers were interesting, sophisticated and cool people. We really enjoyed meeting and talking to them.

I'll definitely go on Celebrity cruises again.

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

094071
Loud (it was next to some mechanical room) but we liked being on a lower floor and midship because the motion is less there.

Port
My friend and I had lunch at Pancho's Backyard and shopped for souvenirs at Los Cinco Soles. Both were way overpriced, but they were very pleasant experiences. On the walk back to port, we enjoyed talking back to the aggressive shop people with silly Spanish phrases. We also enjoyed dancing at Carlos & Charlie's bar.

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Sloppy Joe's is a fun place to grab a drink or 5 before heading back to the ship.

Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Published 11/28/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Century Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?