Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Chrisv94: Eclipsed expectations

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Bahamas Cruises

Eclipsed expectations

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Bahamas

My wife and I returned from a (way too short) three day cruise on Celebrity's Eclipse and we cannot say enough good things about the entire experience. We have been on the Millennium and Century before and were both excited to see what the Solstice Class had to offer. Well not only did it offer the great food, service, amenities, and atmosphere that Celebrity is known for, but the pristine elements of a new, thoughtfully designed and spacious ship were just totally fulfilling for us. The only drawback for us was that we did not book a longer voyage (yet!)

We had cabin 1122 which was on the "bump"--the balcony was expanded and on a slant which made morning breakfast on it spacious and comfortable. My wife and I loved the layout of the bathroom and especially how much space for storage the room had in general.

The food was outstanding in the Moonlight Sonata main dining hall and the Oceanview Cafe took care of lunch for us quite nicely each day. We were not big fans More of the Bahamas and didnt spend much time at all in Nassau. There were plenty of seats by the pool for us each day and the views from the Observation Lounge were fantastic.

Being from the northeast USA, I would really would love to see Celebrity utilize the Baltimore and New Jersey/New York ports with more than one scheduled Solstice class ship though as these ships really are going to be major draws right now for Celebrity. One of the staff told me that Celebrity is planning to build a smaller ship the size of the Century and dress it up even nicer than the "S" class ships...whoa! Overall we had an absolutely wonderful time and cannot wait to sail again on the Eclipse. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse 1122

Concierge class had the best bathroom we've ever had and we've had suites in the past. Plenty of space, bright warm design, pristine throughout, comfortable bedding. Loved the extra pillows.

We are not big fans of Nassau however its just personal taste and I wouldnt want to discourage anyone. We didnt want to head over to Atlantis so we meandered around the streets close to the port for about an hour to shop. We understand the locals make their living on tourism but its just way to pushy for our tastes and comfort. If I had to spend time in Nassau I would definitely book a shore excursion to Atlantis.

Read 2607 Nassau Reviews