Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Dorene1: Total Eclipse of the Heart

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

This was an amazing cruise for my husband and I. We are not new to cruising but this was our first Transatlantic cruise. We booked our air and pre cruise through Celebrity, I found it so easy and worry free. We placed our luggage outside our door in the hotel never saw it again until it arrived at our cabin. We stayed at the Guoman Tower Hotel the Tower of London was right outside our window the room was large and service was excellent. It didnt take us long to get on the ship and we were able to go to our cabins. We were in the Aqua Class cabin 1533, nice cabin and close to the elevator and not to far from the relaxation room which we loved to go in. Our cabin steward was excellent and so was his assistant they always went above and beyond. The buffet set up is the best I have seen on any ship, having stations works wonderful. The food on the buffet was good, loved the wheat pasta served daily. We then went back to our cabin and our lugguge was there so we unpacked before the More drill, plenty of room for clothes and plenty of room in the bathroom too. Not sure why people said there is no room and we brought 3 large suitcases and 2 carry ons. We went to the spa area and the gym was great we didnt go as often as we thought but then again we were on vacation. After the drill we had a CC party where we wore hats because we were called the "Mad Hatters" Everyone was friendly and we had a great time. We went to dinner at Blu, I know people have their own opinion on food, it was amazing and the service.....above the rest. If you complained about the service than you must be too hard to please Im sure. The food was excellent and it was always cozy and a bit romantic in the back where we ate mostly. We were tired that night and just relaxed after dinner and turned in early because we were going to Paris tomorrow!!!

Paris: Took the ship excursion and it was excellent, Nov. 1st is a Holiday so that was a plus for us. There was no traffic and the city was not crowded. It rained days before we got there, today sunny and it hit 70 degrees it was a beautiful day. We also took the boat ride for a scenic ride and it was amazing. People were very friendly and I didnt want to leave after a few tears my hubby promised he would take me back.....that put a huge smile on my face. Don't think that the ride to Paris is so long, it was really a nice ride to our destination.

Normandy: This was a very emotional day for my husband, his father arrived in Normandy 3 days after the invasion. It was cloudy in the am when we arrived at the cemetary, the sun came out and shined on us for the rest of the day. Walking on the beaches make you think.......of how so many people gave their lives....as I said emotional day. But a MUST DO!!!!

Vigo: Santiago de Compostela, this was truely amazing and we witnessed a once in a lifetime opportunity. The Pope was to arrive in two days the church was cleaned from top to bottom and they had lighting in the church and people have never seen the inside so bright and beautiful. The tour guide was amazed herself saying over again to herself, I am so happy to be here today to see this. We were also able to touch and see things that have been closed off to tourist for years and years. It was amazing and it was 73 degrees what a beautiful day. I did hear people grumble on the ship on why we stopped in Vigo and didnt get off the ship.....well...we had an amazing time.

Azores: This was so beautiful words just can't describe...we did a tour around the island and a wine & cheese tasting......very nice.

There were 2 sea days in between these stops, after Azores, we had 6 days of sea days.......ohhhh I miss them. Paul and I played Bocci and had so much fun, then we watched the glass show, I respect them more now great work and talent. We walked around the ship, it is the most beautiful ship I have been on.. We did have one rough day at sea but it was fun we went to the solarium and the pool was so so warm. We were being tossed it was so much fun, didnt realise it till the next day, that was a work out we were both sore..but well worth it. We had perfect weather and we spent time on our balconies and we were very lazy. While many said the shows were great, we only saw one as much as I love Celebrity, I am never to fond of their entertainment. I would prefer seeing some comedians and maybe some more up to day shows. But like I said many enjoyed the shows. I did love the Titanic Lecture, I felt like a child being read a bedtime story only to wait for the next day to hear more. He was excellent but I was told he was leaving so lucky again to experience that. We did use the Persian Gardens, liked the steam room except the guy who thought he could sit there.....with an open towel.....he was eventually asked to towel up or leave. I didn't think the heated loungers were warm and the sauna felt like it wasnt on but the steam room was really nice and we used that a few times. The martini bar was busy and our favorite place the Molecular Bar......(hey Thomas you are the BEST) go there you will find yourself going back every night. We ate breakfast in BLU and I miss my poached eggs on rye toast,mmmmmmmm smoothies,fresh squeezed OJ. It was so hard to leave, this beautiful ship.....We did go up for sushi almost every day...very good from 5:30 - 9:30. We are going to book another Transatlantic for 2012 ( I already have 2 cruises booked for next year.) I met many wonderful people on this cruise....many from CC......This cruise was a dream.....

Dorene Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse 1533

Great Cabin and Bed near Balcony a Big Plus

Go to Paris, don't say its too far your there get off the ship and GO!!!!

(5)