Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by ripon66: Enchantment of the Seas New England and Canada

ripon66
Member Since 2002

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Canada & New England Cruises

Enchantment of the Seas New England and Canada

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Baltimore

We, my wife and I, arrived at Baltimore port at noon, waited through two short lines in car to off load bags and pay for parking, and parked about 100 feet from the bow of the ship. Have your bag tags on you luggage. Cleared through check in and were in cabin before 1 pm. Do not pack forbidden items or you will not get your luggage, you will have to chase it down and remove items. My wife tried to smuggle aboard a medium size scissors. Also be careful later, on my fourth trip aboard they took my pen knife with a 1 inch blade. You get you stuff back on leaving.

Food was just OK. Sometimes it was hard to find even one item to choose. Service was a little slow. We were at a table designed for 10 but expanded to 11. Lunch had a very good salad bar in MDR. I suggest Windjammer for breakfast, but whenever and where ever you go, get there early. Lunch in MDR starts at noon and bridge starts and 1 so I never had time to finish lunch. You will most likely have lunch in a few ports. More Overall food was good if you select carefully and of course plentiful.

We ate at Chops one night, very good but not exceptional. There weren't many customers. As a test, I ordered two glasses of Chardonnay, without specifying any particular brand. The bill was $40 for two glasses of wine. I didn't mind, because it was a test, but if you would mind, ask ahead of time.

Exercise room was adequate, jumping thing was nothing, climbing wall was fun and I went up 7 times. Not as many activities as on some other ships. Library is small, internet is $.65 a minute. Bars are nice, drinks are awful. As usual, people are talking during the entertainment. Shows were good but were one person shows and you had to get there at 7:30 for 8:30 show to get a good seat. If you got there after 8 you didn't get a seat at all. Plan to get to everything at least 15 minutes early or you will face long lines. There are a lot of people on board RCL ships. The average age of the passengers was "old". I am 66 and the large majority of the people were much older than me. My tab was $199 which included drinks, one excursion, and a few souvenirs along with the $40 for 2 glasses of wine. Getting off the ship is very easy if you can carry all of your bags. We left the port at 8 am. The only problem was the crowded elevators. We were on deck 8, but of course people were getting on below and riding up and then back down. Be prepared for crowds everywhere. In general, a very nice cruise. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 4 8551

It is not obvious at first, but there is lots of storage space. Just remember where you put everything. I always get an interior cabin, on the highest deck, and near one of the elevators. I never take an elevator unless it is up more than 3 floors. On this trip, we were right under the Windjammer, very convenient to it and the showroom and the pools. A long ways from the dining room and some of the bars. Twin beds give you a lot more room than shoved together as one large bed. I suggest using public restrooms for #2. Toilets on ships don't always work well. There are handicap restroom stalls that are bigger than the cabin bathroom and have a lavatory in them. Another reason to get a cabin near the stairs.

There were two other cruise ships in town. It is a nice little tourist trap town with a nearby National Park. This was the only tendered port. They had trouble with the tenders and had to hire a whale watching boat but I think that actually sped things up since the boat held 200 people. Remember, most of the passengers were very old so there was no real scramble to get off the ship.

The first thing is getting downtown. We walked both ways, it's not that far. There was an expensive shuttle, and lots of cabs. We took the subway to Harvard because I had never seen it. The highlight of my trip was the Museum of Natural History at Harvard, an amazing place. We then took the subway, the "T", downtown, walked around a little and had lunch at a pub. I did some research on the T, but I should have done a little more. There is a stop very near the ship but I didn't know exactly where it is.

Read 217 Boston Reviews

Excellent cruise port. Two major sites in town. A very nice boardwalk with everything you would want. A maritime museum which we skipped but a lot of people liked. Good beer at a couple of small breweries. A decent size city with lots to see and do. It had a free bus which was nice, but I think we may have taken it's last ride.

Read 338 Halifax Reviews

Just an average American small city. Do what ever you like to do. We took the horse drawn carriage ride. It was OK, but there are 16 people in a carriage.

It's Saint John. Never St. We took a nice excursion to a small town on the Bay of Fundy. Our guide lives in the town so she was very good. The buses were scheduled to leave at 9. The first bus left at 8:36. Where ever you go, get there early to avoid crowds. The reversing falls is interesting, but don't go out of your way to see it. Very nice lunch on the excursion.