Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by ripon66

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by ripon66
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: ripon66
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Enchantment of the Seas New England and Canada

We, my wife and I, arrived at Baltimore port at noon, waited through two short lines in car to off load bags and pay for parking, and parked about 100 feet from the bow of the ship. Have your bag tags on you luggage. Cleared through check in and were in cabin before 1 pm. Do not pack forbidden items or you will not get your luggage, you will have to chase it down and remove items. My wife tried to smuggle aboard a medium size scissors. Also be careful later, on my fourth trip aboard they took my pen knife with a 1 inch blade. You get you stuff back on leaving.

Food was just OK. Sometimes it was hard to find even one item to choose. Service was a little slow. We were at a table designed for 10 but expanded to 11. Lunch had a very good salad bar in MDR. I suggest Windjammer for breakfast, but whenever and where ever you go, get there early. Lunch in MDR starts at noon and bridge starts and 1 so I never had time to finish lunch. You will most likely have lunch in a few ports. Overall food was good if you select carefully and of course plentiful.

We ate at Chops one night, very good but not exceptional. There weren't many customers. As a test, I ordered two glasses of Chardonnay, without specifying any particular brand. The bill was $40 for two glasses of wine. I didn't mind, because it was a test, but if you would mind, ask ahead of time.

Exercise room was adequate, jumping thing was nothing, climbing wall was fun and I went up 7 times. Not as many activities as on some other ships. Library is small, internet is $.65 a minute. Bars are nice, drinks are awful. As usual, people are talking during the entertainment. Shows were good but were one person shows and you had to get there at 7:30 for 8:30 show to get a good seat. If you got there after 8 you didn't get a seat at all. Plan to get to everything at least 15 minutes early or you will face long lines. There are a lot of people on board RCL ships. The average age of the passengers was "old". I am 66 and the large majority of the people were much older than me. My tab was $199 which included drinks, one excursion, and a few souvenirs along with the $40 for 2 glasses of wine. Getting off the ship is very easy if you can carry all of your bags. We left the port at 8 am. The only problem was the crowded elevators. We were on deck 8, but of course people were getting on below and riding up and then back down. Be prepared for crowds everywhere. In general, a very nice cruise.

Publication Date: 11/03/10