Carnival Pride Cruise Review by mommy4eva

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8A
Rates 5+

COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER
I am not sure that cruising will be my preferred method for vacationing. The best part for me were the port stops and the ability to get away from the ship and enjoy the destination. Without having another ship to compare the Carnival Pride to, I have still concluded that this ship is at the lower end of the cruise experience. While I have nothing but praise for the staff they can only work with what they have and the ship to me is aging and could stand some freshening up. Carpets were stained, and the bathrooms including the one in my cabin always had an odor despite efforts to clean and sanitize.

The food too me, even that served in the MDR( Normandie ) was just OK. No memorable dishes or tastes. The cheesecake was simply awful as was the potato soup that tasted like watered down instant potatoes. While the coffee in the MDR was tasty, the coffee in the Mermaid grill( Lido Deck) was awful, and was never piping hot as coffee should be.

having this non stop buffet too me contributes to the poor quality in food taste. I would prefer limits to the amount of food if that would ensure better quality, and tastier dishes.

That being said the entertainment was just mediocre, with most "live" music being just enhanced karaoke type tracks.

Felipe, the cruise director was the most annoying. I was glad to hear he was leaving the Pride, and feel for the new Carnival ship that he will join.Critical information that Felipe should have provided about the debarkation process was missed as he spent more time on stories about past cruise experiences, guests, etc., that were neither helpful, nor entertaining. Amy (6'3") should get the cruise director position.

If I cruise again I will do my homework, and make sure i choose a line that has more and better amenities than the Pride. This was definitely a "you get what you pay for" experience. When you know better, you will do better.PS- the maitre d- Yusuf was not visible at most meals and only visited the tables near the end of the trip in an effort to subtly solicit tips. I reserved the more generous tips for our two waiters, and the stateroom steward who kept my room immaculate. Yusuf received the least.

Publication Date: 11/01/10