Carnival Pride Cruise Review by mommy4eva: COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER

COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

I am not sure that cruising will be my preferred method for vacationing. The best part for me were the port stops and the ability to get away from the ship and enjoy the destination. Without having another ship to compare the Carnival Pride to, I have still concluded that this ship is at the lower end of the cruise experience. While I have nothing but praise for the staff they can only work with what they have and the ship to me is aging and could stand some freshening up. Carpets were stained, and the bathrooms including the one in my cabin always had an odor despite efforts to clean and sanitize.

The food too me, even that served in the MDR( Normandie ) was just OK. No memorable dishes or tastes. The cheesecake was simply awful as was the potato soup that tasted like watered down instant potatoes. While the coffee in the MDR was tasty, the coffee in the Mermaid grill( Lido Deck) was awful, and was never piping hot as coffee should be.

having this non stop buffet More too me contributes to the poor quality in food taste. I would prefer limits to the amount of food if that would ensure better quality, and tastier dishes.

That being said the entertainment was just mediocre, with most "live" music being just enhanced karaoke type tracks.

Felipe, the cruise director was the most annoying. I was glad to hear he was leaving the Pride, and feel for the new Carnival ship that he will join.Critical information that Felipe should have provided about the debarkation process was missed as he spent more time on stories about past cruise experiences, guests, etc., that were neither helpful, nor entertaining. Amy (6'3") should get the cruise director position.

If I cruise again I will do my homework, and make sure i choose a line that has more and better amenities than the Pride. This was definitely a "you get what you pay for" experience. When you know better, you will do better.PS- the maitre d- Yusuf was not visible at most meals and only visited the tables near the end of the trip in an effort to subtly solicit tips. I reserved the more generous tips for our two waiters, and the stateroom steward who kept my room immaculate. Yusuf received the least. Less

Published 11/01/10

Adequate.

Read All Balcony (8A) Reviews >>

Not enough time to explore this area. stop was from 6:30AM til 1:00 PM

Read 985 Freeport Reviews

This was my favorite port stop. private beach was tranquil with a quaint restaurant right on the beach front.

Read 3723 Nassau Reviews

Cocoa Beach was OK. Tour bus guides push certain venues- Ron Jon's, when beach chaair and umbrella rentals were available on the beavh. i am glad I used my common sense and didn't rent the items as recommended by the tour bus guides from Ron Jon's as to have rented from that locale would have been quite a hike to the beach.

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises