Carnival Pride Cruise Review by spaden

Member Name: spaden
Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 7A
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

First time and loved it
This was my DW's and my first cruise and was a belated honeymoon for us. We sailed Sept. 12-18 and loved every minute of it. There were some good points and some bad points but would definitely cruise again.

Embarkation - The port is very easy to get to and very organized and I advise getting there early. We happened to get there about 11 and were one of the first ones in line. The boat was a little late getting so we had to wait a little, but were one of the first ones to board once VIP's were boarded. Once onboard we went straight to the Mermaid grille and ate, more about the food later. Then we went to our cabin and our bags were there.

The Pride itself - She is an older girl who is showing her age. However, we heard onboard that she is dry docking in Nov. to get refitted. We were amazed as we entered the boat. However, what we heard was true - nudes all over. However, it was all pretty tasteful and artsy. It was kept very clean and it was hard to get use to not throwing things away and cleaning up after myself.. I even asked about trash cans and was told to just put my stuff down the staff would get it.

Our Room - Wonderful. We had an obstructed balcony. I suggest if you are paying for the obstructed balcony make sure you get near the back of the ship otherwise you won't see much. Luckily for us I managed to book one near the back by pure chance. The safety boats (which are your obstructed view) in the back they do not have a crown on them and barely block your view.

Room Steward - Hard to find at first but kept everything clean and interacted with us when we saw him.

Dining room team- Wonderful. After first night they knew what we wanted to drink, never had to ask again. Service was a little slow. Really slow when you eat in the dining room for breakfast.

Dining room food - Better than average. If you like chocolate definitely get the chocolate melting cake. If you like ribs get them when on the menu they are awesome and I am a rib guy. There were some items we did not like but you will have this.

Mermaid grille food - Suggest do not go during peak times as it gets very crowded. Get the Rueben, I am still craving it. Good mixture of food but not always the best or the hottest.

The pools- Interestingly broken up. Didn't like that all the entertainment was in the middle pool and if you were in the adults only section could not hear the entertainment.

The people- Friendly especially our dining room friends. Interestingly we sat by them and talked during embarkation and then ended up sitting with them for dinners. There were some obnoxious drunks, but you have that anywhere you go when there is alcohol available.

The shows - Average. Wife liked the shows more than I did. I suggest get there early to get good seats.

The comics- Funny, funny, funny. Carnival is getting good quality comics on board. Out of 4 comics only one was bad. He couldn't handle hecklers felt sorry for him. Until the boat dry docks and gets more seats in the lounge get there early for good seats.

The Ports - Half Moon Cay was worth the money all by itself only wish we stayed longer. Grand Turk was OK. We didn't even bother getting off at Freeport and glad.

Overall, we loved it and are already planning to go again in Jan. 2012. Can't wait to see the Pride after the upgrades. Highly recommend.

Publication Date: 11/06/10