Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cruisetowhere

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 5+

Life is short...make it EPIC!
I had high expectations with this ship, and believe me, it exceeded them!

I loved the EPIC, the NCL Staff, dining, entertainment, etc.

I put this review into sections to make it easier for you to skip to whichever part you are interested in reading.

Rooms: We had room 10253, which is a standard balcony, but is the large pop-out covered balcony. Our balcony was probably 130 square feet. It is quite large and covered, which was really nice. That same room is re-categorized next year to a "large balcony room". Loved it.

Storage: I PACK A LOT! There was more than enough space for all of my things. Don't be deterred by anything you have read to the contrary. NCL definitely did a great job utilizing every space.

Bathroom, etc: Not a big deal. It really depends on the person. I found it to be fine. It would nice to have a fan in the restroom; but really, you can live with it for the short time.

BED: Bed was super comfortable. My husband is tall and slept fine. My daughter slept on the couch. This was a little different. The couch part pulls out and basically is a twin bed, but about 6 feet long so it would be fine for a kid or adult. Our sleeping situation worked just fine.

Room Steward was Ging. He was wonderful! He made towel animals every night except the first and last night. Always said hello and made sure we had everything we needed. He did a fantastic job!

Dining: We ate at Manhattan Room, Taste, Room service, Garden Buffet, outside buffets, atrium coffee shop, O Sheehan's shorts bar, which were all free. All were very good. I really liked the sports bar. Just a fun setting to eat in and watch a football game or play games, etc. We also ate at Shanghais, Moderno, Wasabi Sushi and La Cucina Italian. All were very good! The Italian was fantastic, as was Moderno! We celebrated our 10 year anniversary on the ship and the staff sang to us and gave us a cake. I was bright red-never have been sung to for my anniversary. It was a really nice touch!

Service was very good! I never found an issue with any of the service in any restaurant, bar, etc.

Entertainment: We did not see everything, but saw Blue Man Group and LOVED IT! Make sure you see it! It is loud and odd, but so fun! Loved the Howl at the Moon and Roadside Louie & the Dusters! Late night Second City was hilarious. Flex band was really good. There were other bands I saw that we good too. Others I did not get to see, but hope to on my next trip.

Went to the White Hot Party, which was fun. Also the FABBA Night! If you love ABBA, you have to go. They do a lot of abba, and then it switches to other disco music. Just a fun time!!! Nickelodeon and other fun stuff: Rock wall, rappelling wall, Epic bounce, Epic Plunge and other slides were so fun! Never got a chance to try the spider web (they won't let grown ups on it anyway, but my daughter wanted to try it), nor did we get to try the ice skating and a couple other things.

Nickelodeon stuff: Make sure you go to everything you can. Free things include the Slime Time show in the Epic theatre. This was really fun! Definitely worth going to! Go the Meet and Greet, the Poolside Nick show and anything you can do. I would personally advise against paying for the Nick Character Breakfast. This was a disappointment in my opinion. I actually had a couple friends tell me not to do, but I did it, and then deserved the "I told you so" afterwards. :-) The other things that they offer are so much more fun. I would have paid for those, but they were free. But there are also Nick arts and crafts and things which are all free. Be sure you check your dailies for the times and locations for those.

RECESS /Kids Club: I was wondering how my daughter was going to like this. Wow! She wanted to hardly anything to do with me while we were on the Epic! She LOVED the kids club. They had different themed parties, huge rooms for them to play wii, watch movies, etc. There was a kid's dinner one night, pajama party one night, etc. She made tons of friends and brought home numbers and emails to keep in touch. The kid's staff was so friendly and seemed to really bond with the kids. It is free up to 10:30 and then $6 per hour until 1:30 AM. Cheaper than I would be paying at home! If you want to see the area, be sure you the first day on board as that is the only day you can go beyond the gate. I wanted to stay and play after seeing it!

Also, one of the nights is a special Ice Cream Spa Party for 6-9 year olds. It was $39 and included a foot bath, foot massage, pedi and mani and ice cream. Very reasonable! My daughter loved it! She went to the spa with her friends and had her nails done. It think that is every little girls perfect night. This is a very fun extra!

MISC NOTES:

Keep track of your account on your television, and keep your receipts. I had to make a trip to the account desk for one overcharged item and unfortunately, it took a lot longer and more hassle than I was expecting to get it corrected. It then took another trip the last morning because it was not adjusted on my last statement. Not a big deal. Just did not expect to be the headache it was. Keep in mind, this was an isolated thing.

BRING YOUR WINE! This was so fun! I brought three bottles and you can either keep with you or have them ticketed with the restaurant. So very easy and saves you a little money. I will do this from now on. Bring some bottles of water too. You can always take out items of your mini fridge and put your waters in there.

Next time we will also do the NCL Transfer service. It was about the same price as the cab, but would have been so nice to get off the ship last, have our luggage checked and head on out. Will be doing this next time. Keep in mind; I take a lot of luggage. :-)

Casino: Spent a lot of time here. There were $5, $10 and $25 craps tables, which is what I like to play. Tons of slot machines, roulette, blackjack and all your normal tables. Definitely much bigger than the other ships casino.

I know this is kind of long, but I actually tried to keep it short and sweet. I am not including ports in here, so please let me know if you want any port excursion info or if you have any questions about anything. I would love to help answer anything I can.

In conclusion..... LIFE IS SHORT, MAKE IT EPIC!!!

I will be going again!