Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Sagi50: Thank you EPIC

Sagi50
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: October 2010

I will start by saying that I had some concerns about the ship after reading some of the negative reviews. But I guess there are always people that will criticize no matter what. First I will say that I like NCL, and their free style cruising. We ate at only two of the restaurants that you had to pay for Le Bistro & Teppenyaki, and they were both EXCELLENT, not only the food but the service was superb. We ate the rest at the time at all of the different restaurants, and I can assure you that we did not have one bad meal. No matter where we ate the food was very good.

The shows were incredible, the Legends Show (with Michael Jakcson), I couldn't believe how much he looked like Michael. The show was excellent. The Second City we went to 3 different shows as they are very funny. Enjoyed it very much. The cruise director and staff where great and lots of fun.

The staff from the cabin steward to the restaurants, to the SPA, couldn't have been better. I splurged on this More cruise by getting the week pass for the SPA and getting 3 massages & 1 facial, and I can tell you this was the best investment for me on the cruise.

Regarding the cabins, they are to me normal size cabins, I don't know what all the negativity is about the cabins. I would say it was good for 2 people, 3 would probably be tight, but unless you get a suite most cruise ships have small cabins, at least that has been my experience. I can't wait to go back, but next time take my grand-kids, which I know will have a fabulous time with all the activities they have for kids. Thank you EPIC for a GREAT VACATION!!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Family Balcony Stateroom Deck 13 13203

My cabin was on the 13th floor # 13203. For me it was perfect location, as one floor up I had the SPA & the Gym. Two floors up on the 15th, we had the slides, SPICE H20, game room, pools. The cabin is a normal size cabin. Very quiet The bathroom I liked that the toilet was separate from the shower, and the sink outside is a great idea, simply that it was small and sometimes water splattered. I had a balcony which I loved just to sit outside and relax. Closet space was fine. I was able to put two carry on's inside of it. There were 3 drawers plus a full length closet as well. The only problem I see is if you take large suitcases then you will simply have to put it underneath the bed.

In Costa Maya we didn't take a tour, but we asked a couple of the officers and they suggested that we go to a beach 5 minutes away by taxi. We did that. We had a wonderful time, just laying by the beach, swimming and being catered to by the waiters who even brought us beer while inside the water. Had a great relaxing day.

I had been here before, so just went to the shore to buy some things, went to Senor Frogs for some fun, and then went back to the ship.

Read 3089 Cozumel Reviews

In Roatan, we selected the Jolly Roger/Gumbalina Park tour. Everything was fine until just after getting on the Catamaran, the sky started getting pitch black. When we sailed it started getting windy, the water very choppy and everybody had to move to the right side of the Catamaran. After a while the storm passed and we were able to go snorkeling. The crew & captain were great and knew what they were doing. The snorkeling was good (55 minutes), then you head back (another storm) and didn't stop raining. We got to Gumbalina Park and we went on the walking tour of the park but constant rain. This is not the fault of the park or the tour simply mother nature. Overall I had a very good time.

Read 1643 Roatan Reviews