Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by lovacruz

Cabin Category: BA
Entertainment 5+
        16+ 4.0

BROADWAY AT ITS BEST!
I(53)was traveling with my husband(57) Daughter(23)son(19). We usually take a cruise ever year in August. We arrived at the port 11:00 am and was sitting at the pool by 11:45. Buffet and grill opened and it was a wonderful afternoon. They announced when cabins were available. This was not a great idea. Think of 4,000 people going to their cabins at the same time. I heard many were able to get to their cabins early. We were in no rush. Just taking in the beauty of the ship.

Cabin-Well this was a little surprising. Heard about bathroom situation and yes there are plastic doors on toilets and showers, but what disturbed me more was where the bed was. We had the bed right when you walked into the room. The sink right in front of the corner of the bed. Very hard to get passed bed to the balcony. Many times my husband had to roll across the bed to get to the closets. Do no understand the whole concept. I guess we did get use to it. Had no choice. The cabin had so much storage space I was afraid I would forget to take something home. The TV was great but 3 news channels,E channel and the rest was dedicated to the ship.

Food- If you do not want to pay for specialty restaurants you do not have to. I think the restaurant situation will change. There really is only 4 real non-paying restaurants. The other non-paying food places would be your "room" room service, Adult pool area (snacks)SpiceH2O and Atrium(boxed salads,cakes and yogurt(for on the go) They have a coffee bar you pay for. The food was no bad. Manhattan Room had the same food as the Taste restaurant. Manhattan was much nicer and the service was very good. I think they will have to change the menus and keep each restaurant with different food. We ate in the Manhattan Club almost every evening. O'Sheens is great but definitely pub food and you could not eat that food every night. Okay so that was the little negative.

The rest of the review will make up for the last comments. There is something going on all the time. We pre -booked the shows in advance it was great. The shows were like going to Broadway every night. The Epic Club theater was wonderful. Not a bad seat in the house. The Blue Man Group better then in Vegas and NYC. The Legends was great. Madonna was sick saw only Elvis and Tina Turner. Second City, Comic/magician was outstanding. The Cirque Dreams dinner show was good. (food terrible) but you have no choice. Show made up for it. Dueling pianos was the highlight of the week. The jazz club cannot beat. The Bliss Lounge was beautiful. All ages went here. I can go on. The entertainment,movies by the pool, in the atrium. The duet(piano & violinist) were the cutest and amazing.

Pools- Adult pool is where we stayed the most. The lounge chair situation is not good in any area. The music live bands were situated in a weird way. They did not play to the pool area. They stood facing tables from the buffet. I thought this was awkward. We did not stay in this area. The Spice H2O adult pool area had a big screen with pictures and movies you can watch. this was a nice area. I think they can make it a little prettier. The whole ship is so beautiful they can put a little more in to this area. The ports were great.

The staff were wonderful. The steward we had was great and always offered his help. You need his help when you first come on. You will have no idea how half the things work in your cabin. Let him come in and explain everything. So to sum it up the ship needs some improvements. This was the 4th sailing so I am sure with all the reviews they will need to change things on the ship. For the most part this ship has everything. I would go again maybe in a few years. Hopefully some of the minor problems will be recognized and be changed.

Publication Date: 08/24/10