Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by codegirl64: Norwegian Sky - Doesn't Even Come Close

codegirl64
Member Since 2010

Entertainment Not Rated
Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Norwegian Sky - Doesn't Even Come Close

Sail Date: August 2010
Destination: Bahamas

We've Cruised with Holland America, Disney, and Royal Caribbean. We were looking for a quick getaway and chose Norwegian based on prior reviews and the fact that we hadn't sailed with them before.

Well how disappointing!! Getting onto the ship was easy and pretty hassle free. Like someone else mentioned there wasn't much more than welcome, and basically go have fun, and good luck finding everything.

We booked late so we had two separate cabins, it was a total nightmare because our little ones went back and forth non stop! My room had the bed together a a double, the carped was torn down the middle and raised from the floor, the threshold in the bathroom was broken and curved up on each end, and the comforter was stained. Nice start!

Service?? What service, did they have someone there to help that I wasn't aware of? We really didn't have a stateroom attendant that I know of. You would see someone occasionally in the morning and they would change sheets, no More candies on pillows, no turn down service, and they guy I saw couldn't even come close to speaking any sort of English.

The food was good, we ate mainly in the main dining room, the service was only OK, definitely not any kind of pampering or anything to make you smile about. The waiter the one night never cracked a smile, and when he spilled my tea he was like "whoops" what happened to "I'm sorry"? They did not cater to anything. The buffets were less than good, and definitely no good desserts on the buffets.

The kids program was weird. They didn't do much that looked exciting or that my kids 6 & 9 wanted to go there for. They totally loved the one on Royal Caribbean even more than Disney. They didn't want to leave the Kids Ocean thing on Royal.

I'm bummed that we paid $12 a day per person for tips when the service didn't even come close to what it should have been. I've seen better service in McDonald's.

Seriously really read reviews and compare ships and cruise lines. I don't know if all of Norwegians ships and services are like this or not, but until someone that I really trust tells me differently, I'll never sail with them again.

What a waste of money, thank god we were never stuck out at sea and left to hang on the ship long.

Also if you're not a smoker, I really didn't see them enforcing things. I actually had to go ask if smoking was permitted by the pool, since people were smoking there (it wasn't) so he said something to the people, but they finished their cigerettes first........

And they do have a separate kids pool, but adults that didn't even have children were in it and in their hot tub. My kids couldn't even get in the hot tub due to all the adults.

Didn't notice waiters around the pool areas, just not my cup of tea. On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd give a 2. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 4207

Our cabins were a mess. The carpet was coming up off the floor, the threshold in the bathroom was broken, the sheets were stained. My husbands cabin had a broken sleeper sofa. (We had to get separate cabins due to late booking) Doorways are extremely small, there was no ice machine, just an orange cooler in the hallway......NICE HUH??

Easy access to things.