Disney Wonder Cruise Review by cruisenow01: Cruising in Style for Children's First Cruise

Disney Wonder 5
Member Since 2009
19 Forum Posts

Family & Children 4.0

Cruising in Style for Children's First Cruise

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We flew in the day before the cruise and stayed at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport. Staying there really made it easy to access transportation the next morning. We arrived at Port Canaveral around 10:30am. We waited about 15 minutes before a crew member came to meet us and escort us on the ship. We were introduced and on to the concierge reception in the Cadillac Lounge. The children snacked while we booked spa and children activities with help from our dedicated concierge, Mike. Mike was a wonderful resource throughout the cruise. We had a blast at the sail away party.

Our children loved a variety of onboard activities all children friendly. We did not have worry about editing what they could do or see. We enjoyed a couples massage with a hot tub on the balcony. It is something that my husband and I will book twice on our next 7 night cruise because it was just that good. Disney has some of the best spa services that I have ever received whether on land or sea.

At More Nassau, we went to Atlantis enjoyed the pools and sand and surf. My son even made a new friend. The weather was slightly chilly, but not so bad that we could not enjoy ourselves. The aquarium and the ice cream parlor were a hit with my daughter. At Castaway Cay, we had a couples Cabana massage, but it was so windy that it made for a chilly experience. In retrospect, we would book 2 spa experiences onboard and just enjoy the sand at Castaway Cay, but I guess it will depend on the time of year. The children really loved Castaway Cay even as windy as it was. Thank goodness for long sleeve rash shirts! My children said they preferred the Disney cruise over visiting Disney World (we did both this trip). We have 2 more Disney cruises booked for the future. It was a wonderful experience for adults and children alike. Less

Published 07/18/10

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>

Cabin review: T8516

The cabin was spacious and perfect for traveling with extended family. We did not hear any excess noise from the elevators or hallway. Some complain about the noise from the deck above, but we did not find it too obtrusive and slept through it on most nights.

The only other port that I have experienced is New Orleans. I would say that Port Canaveral waiting area for Castaway Club members and concierge guests is a bit small and only separated by a rope. Carnival in New Orleans had a dedicated room for return guests and suite guests. Port Canaveral is definitely more beautiful than the New Orleans port, but they need to make that roped off area larger because we were very crowded and had to stand. At least we did not have to wait long!

Skip X

See Disney Wonder deals up to 82% off:

December Deals

7 Night Bahamas Cruise
January Deals

6 Night Galveston To San Juan Repositioning Cruise (no Castaway)
February Deals