“Romantic Rhine First time river cruise”
Cruise review of Avalon Felicity

worries gone Avalon Felicity 4 Romantic Rhine First time river cruise
worries gone
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The Avalon Felicity is a brand new vessel just launched in March 2010. Based upon my observations of other river cruise vessels it's exterior is not stylish or very modern in appearance. However the interior is very clean in appearance and comfortable. The 138 passengers fit easily into the forward lounge and restaurant. The only time we felt crowded was during the lunch buffet.

Avalon boasts that their cabins are the largest for river cruises, at 172 square feet. They feel a little smaller possibly from the lay out. They are adequate though considering the limited time one spends in the cabin. Storage capacity of the cabin in my wife's opinion was wonderful and in fact we did not use it all. The cabin has French doors but we missed having a balcony as on an ocean cruise.

The food was hit or miss. Dinners were quite good with free wine. Service was basically good though they confused orders at times and there was a delay serving soft drinks. Breakfast buffet meats and eggs were cold, though my wife told me the omelet station was good.

Disembarkation was the easiest I ever had. Was off ship and onto a bus to the airport in minutes.

In all the cruise was enjoyable though one should consider carefully the differences between an ocean cruise and a river cruise before committing to a river cruise.

Avalon Felicity Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Avalon Felicity Review
Avalon Felicity Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?