Carnival Dream Cruise Review by aimcat

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Dream a little DREAM
Well to start off my husband and I are 28 and this is our 3rd cruise with Carnival. We are always partial to carnival based on the value and past service has always been great!

We started our stay by arriving Friday night and staying at Radisson at the Port - which is great because you can park your car for free and get a shuttle ride over to the port, luggage and all for just a tip to the driver! Awesome!

Embarkation - dropped off the luggage, filled out a health form, got our paperwork ready, did our sign and sail and walked on the ship within 15 minutes. Very fast and efficent process.

The ship - The ship was as I expected from the pictures I had seen of it. Just great and amazing. VERY clean, modern, actually loved the decor. Some people complain of Carnival decor being "tacky" or "gawdy". People, your on a cruise it's not your lifelong home - enjoy it! I think the colors are always fun and exciting and very vegas like - which I quite enjoy on a vacation! We never noticed the infamous SEWER smell at all. One thing I did notice however is, and I AM IN NO WAY BEING nit picky, but I did notice some movement on one particular sea day. The sea WAS sort of rough that day - but I noticed a lot of lisping and yawling from the ship. My husband and I dont get sea sick and we never wear a patch or anything but we definately felt a little out of balance that day and Im not sure why the ship did this. I did notice a lot of other passengers getting patches and meds from the ship doctor to aid this. However it was really only one day and not a big deal but I was supprised at the movement on such a large ship.

Service - EXCELLENT as always! In particular 3 gentlemen who were our ANYTIME DINING waiters every night by request! They were great! Loved them so much! Our room steward always was nice and kept our room clean. We have the cove balcony. LOVED it! Very cozy and close to the water which I loved.

Shows - I was very impressed with the level these shows were done at. Almost near to broadway style and very elaborate sets and costumes. We loved the fun force group! They were great. Also LOVED the comedy club. All the comedians were A+++ grade acts. Very impressed with this. LOVED the lazer shows as well. Impressed with this as we have some of these at a beach at home we visit a lot and no where near as good as this.

FOOD - excellent - especially dining room. I thought the dining room food was 5 star on this ship. Didn't eat one bad thing the entire time!

Ports - We actually planned or did our own thing in each port this time. We have been to Nassau before so we just went over to Atlantis and did that again there. St Thomas - we had planned on renting a car which I wish we would have done now and went to St John. We actually took a cab to Coki beach which was your typical - hot, cramped, hectic cab ride - which we are use to by now after taking several horrid cab rides in the past. Coki beach was great - not too crowded here that day - good snorkeling. We rented our equipment from the dive shop by the coral park. It was clean and the guys were very nice! St Marteen - St Martin - was our favorite port by far! BEAUTIFUL, nice people and we took Bernards tours which was FAB!

Entertainment staff - I really enjoyed James, Simon, Katie and - can't remember his name but the other fellow from the UK, but they were very enthusiastic about all the activities parties etc. As far as Todd - he was great no doubt - but I thought he seemed a little less "into it" as some of the others - but who knows. I mean they do this week in and out so I understand some boredom here and there.

Debarkation - QUICK we were called off the ship about 8:30 according to our number and were out the doors, picked up our luggage, and waiting on our shuttle in 15 mintues.

OVERALL - Great time - if you have a chance to take this cruise do it!

Publication Date: 05/17/10