Carnival Dream Cruise Review by alinflorida

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8b
Dining 5+

2nd time a Dream
This was our second time on the Dream,the first was the inaugural cruise out of Port Canaveral 12/03/2009,on that trip there were a few things that needed to be improved on,and I'm happy to say that all of the minor issue are gone.

I found on our first trip the service in the dining room was slow,we had early sitting in the Scarlet ,on this trip we had the late sitting in the Crimson and service was excellent

All the creaking noises were gone,guess things had to settle,just like a new home.

I don't know about people complaining about the movement of the ship,no difference than any other Carnival ship,maybe they had too much to drink.

No problem getting seats for the shows this time,once again we had the 1030 sitting so that could have the reason

Wait for elevators was not a problem except on embarkation day.

Shopping on board was typical for a cruise ship,what did you expect,Macys

Now that dreaded smell,I did write in a previous post that I thought it was coming from the funnel smoke,sort of a sulpher smell,did I spell that right?I was playing mini golf and a gust of wind blew and we smelled it and being right under the Funnel I thought that was the source,I was wrong ,if you go to the serenity deck that radar wing in the middle has 2 large pipes that are vents for the sewage treatment plant and some how the way the ship is configured under the right conditions it will force the smell down on the ship,we were relaxing in the lounge chairs there in Nassau and while there was no breeze it was fine,but then it started to blow and we were down wind and it nearly knocked our socks off, and of course once the doors are opened it's being drawn into the ship.This is my suggestion,but you had to be there to experience it and draw you're own conclusion.

I don't know what ship some of the previous posters were on but it was great from start to finish.

Publication Date: 05/19/10