Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Harrisburger72

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Harrisburger72
Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: Harrisburger72
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 2B

May's a little early
This was our 3rd time on Celebrity and 2nd time to Bermuda and I'm hoping there's plenty more. We love both Celebrity and Bermuda.

We took a bus from Harrisburg, PA to Cape Liberty which was odd since there were only 6 passengers on a full sized bus. Embarkation was slow but it could have been we were anxious to get on-board. I was carrying the allowed 2 bottles of wine but saw signs in the check-in saying alcohol was not allowed etc.. I was relieved when the X-ray guys sent us over to a small table which looked at the wine and quickly waved us through.

Weather was off and on all week. Our 1st port of call was Newport RI where we had rain in the AM but sun later on. My biggest complaint in Newport was the tender ride which was the longest I'd ever experienced. The 1st attempt to get on a tender (which looked like a local) was thwarted and we ended up on one of Celebrity's boats.

The next day at sea started chilly but warmed up nicely. The wife was seasick for the 1st time in her life, although the martini and wine the night before may have contributed. We spent most of our sea days at the pool with an occasional foray to the buffet or an on-board activity. We were very content to just hang by the pool and the activity had to be darn interesting to tear us away. We missed all the excitement others mentioned although we did notice 1 gentleman changing clothes in the middle of everything. Not a pretty sight.

We had early seating for the 1st time and although it was a bit more rushed I'm glad we went that way. We had great table mates although the shape of the table made it a little awkward. One couple at our table celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary that week. And we'll never forget our 2 new Canadian friends. Food was good to great but never quite knock your socks off.

The stage shows were fantastic. I thought the singers and dancers did a great job and was very impressed with the costume changes and production values.

I guess my biggest complaint was the Martini Bar. For some reason I always had a problem getting what I wanted. Downstairs at the Rendezvous, no problem. Getting off the ship was a little rough too. We were supposed to meet the bus home at 10. Our arrangements were to be ready at 9:30 to be called which I thought was cutting it close but what the heck. About 9:45 we just got off. We were 10 minutes late for the bus but another couple were 20 minutes late.

We had dinner the last night at the Normandy which was very nice but pricey. Hard for me to say it was worth it since the food in the MDR was pretty good too.

The dreaming about our next cruise starts immediately.

Publication Date: 05/12/10