Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by bonvoyagequeen: Getting a 9 yr. old off a cruise she absolutely loved!

bonvoyagequeen
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Southern Caribbean Cruises

Getting a 9 yr. old off a cruise she absolutely loved!

Sail Date: March 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

It has taken me awhile to get to Cruise Critic and post my review on our Southern Caribbean Cruise. This was our third time sailing Celebrity, our other Two were on the Constellation, the Millennium's sister ship. We really loved our cruises on the Constellation and were a little worried that the Millie would not live up to her sister. It's all in what you make of it! If you choose to have a miserable attitude, than I suppose you would have a miserable time. If you came on board with a positive attitude you received that back and so much more in return.

I will start with Kids Club, since my belief is "Happy Child, Happy Life!" (Although my husband believes "Happy Wife, Happy Life!") She absolutely loved it. The moment we were not on an excursion, she wanted to be in the Kids Club. We purchased the package that aloud her to be there from 9am to 1am, if she wanted to. All the Staff were excellent. I'm not sure how they pull it off with so many kids, but they manage to keep More them very happy.

We enjoyed all the ports with exception for St. Lucia. Maybe we didn't do the right excursion? I had wanted to see the Pitons and it was a long bus ride. Our tour was 1 1/2 hours late returning to the ship and I had made plans to do the Champagne Tasting. I was not charged the fee for missing it, so everything turned out alright in the end.

My Husband had a great time at the Casino. And I finally won at the Roulette table.

We got to meet some great fellow Cruise Critics. It was very nice of Neilrr to arrange the meeting at the Mast Bar the first day. This gave us an opportunity to put a face to a member name. It broke the ice and started the cruise out with a bang.

We ate the Olympic Restaurant for our Anniversary and had a Fab time. The food was wonderful and the service was just as good. I had made my reservations prior to cruising but wanted to go see the restaurant before we ate there. We were able to pick out the exact table we wanted to sit at. After all the great food and dessert souffles they brought us a "Happy Anniversary Cake"! We thought that was wonderful. Since we were so full, they had it delivered to our Stateroom.

We had late seating in the Main Dining Room and could not have been happier. Our daughter had already eaten with the Kids Club ( she was not interested in sitting for an 1 1/2 for dinner every night) and my Mom joined us. We had the best service. Our waiters, Nevada and Milos made sure we were happy in everything they brought us. One time I really didn't like the appetizer and I decided not to eat it and just wait for my soup. I didn't complain, I just stated that I wasn't fond of it and it was immediately removed and something else was brought in its place! It's all in what you make of it! I don't remember the dish I didn't like, I remember that someone took time and effort to make it better for me. Timothy, our Maitre'D, was there everyday greeting us with a smile and making us feel as if we were the most important people in that dining room. Nevada had the best recommendations and my Husband followed them to a tee. BooBoo, our Sommelier, was very gracious as well. He know I was very interested in the Riedel Wine Tasting and he took care of getting me signed up for the seminar. He also brought Riedel wine glasses to the table for our wine. What a difference!

Loved, loved, loved the Entertainment Staff. Daniel, Claudia and Michael were unbelievable. They made my cruise! Trivia was a blast.

Our Cabin Steward, Julio was so pleasant and always waiting to open my cabin door if he saw I was coming. We would call for anything and he was there with in minutes.

We only went to the Martini Bar once this whole cruise. We were there everyday on the Constellation. We kind of missed Sudi, but I hear he is on the new Solstice. Really didn't have a bad experience, but it wasn't the same.

My Husbands favorite part was the Aft Bar. Cigar smoking side! Every afternoon he would watch as we sailed away from our port of the day, smoking has cigar, drinking his Scotch and taking it all in, what a life! Christopher, our waiter made it even more special. Always making sure he had a clean ashtray and more ice if his Scotch needed it. I wasn't as predictable, I didn't drink the same thing everyday. Out of everything wonderful, there was only one thing that was wrong. The Internet Cafe. They were so rude! To the point of being nasty. I'm not sure why they felt the need to be condescending. We were not the only ones who found this to be true, unfortunately. There was a gentleman who chose to do his work in the Rendezvous Lounge because of this issue.

We won't let that sour our mood about this cruise. It's all in what you make of it! We had a Fabulous time and it will go down as a great cruise for all the family. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium 8090

Quiet location. i would stay away from family suites or connected rooms. They seem to be the noised when you went down the halls.

Fine White Sand, Crystal clear water and safe beach. Could go in the ocean without thinking one of the vendors was going to take something.

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

Great town!

Read 502 Curacao Reviews

Not was I expected, truly disappointed.

As always, great Island.

Not what I expected, great Island!

Read 502 Tortola Reviews