Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Elitecruiser15

Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: N/A
Cabin Number: N/A
See More About: Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
        13-15 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
RUBY PRINCESS - A REAL GEM!!
As soon as I stepped on the Ruby Princess I knew it was perfect,

The pure elegance and class of the ship was outstanding. After travelling with Princess Cruises several times in the past we knew what to expect. But the Ruby was different to any other cruise line I have ever been on in my 15 years of cruising.

We were welcomed with a steward who showed us where our cabin was and carried some of our many cases :) We settled in to the Cruise right away and loved every minute. Our first stop was Istanbul. As we were Elite members we got taken off the Cruise first. There was little fast and the whole procedure was quick and easy. We decided to spend the day in the little town where the offered beautiful jewelry and different clothes shops. We came back to a beautiful meal in the restaurant and a dip in the pool. This is how most relaxing days went about. We had 10 ports. *****

The best thing about the Ruby Princess was the amount of different cultures who went on the cruise. We are British and we had an amazing time sharing tables with people from the USA, Canada, Spain and Porto Rico. I am fifteen and I attended the Teen Youth club as I do every cruise and it was great! With over 800 teens we had pool parties, Movie nights, Deck parties and non stop fun! I really recommend going it was the best yet! *****

The shows in the evenings were rather good but some better than others. On board our cruise we had a Hypnosis - The best show I have ever seen! Volunteers came on too the stage and what more can I say! Of course there was a few down falls and that was the Comedians - They were not the best on this cruise. But the music in the bars, Atrium and other areas around the cruise. There was Karaoke and discos till early in the morning and lots of quizzes too! ****

The Deck areas were also great. There was plenty of Deck chairs and the only cruise where I think people did not save them for others. There was 3 pools. An Adults pool which from what I can see looks very nice. You must be over 18 to use this pool. It was always quiet and perfect for relaxation. The Kids pool was also very nice and was very clean and safe. The only problem is that it did get rather crowded in the afternoons but you can work around that. There is also a spa pool which is heated and round. There are 8 Jacuzzis they are always very hot and not crowded.

The food was the HIGHLIGHT! With 24 hours of free dining you could never get hungry. With pancakes, waffles and full cooked breakfasts in the morning to Lobster, Steak and Pasta in the evenings there is always something to bite in to in the cafeteria. We had no problem finding a seat as the cruise was a warm one and we tended to eat outside but if you are going on a colder cruise you may struggle to find a seat at Breakfast and Lunch. The food in the Restaurants was Delicious and pure class! There was a themed menu every night and we loved it! There is a Grill where you can get Cheese Burgers, Chips, Hot Dogs, Chicken burgers and Kebabs! They were VERY yummy! *****

Overall the cruise was great, From the cabins to food and destinations. I will be doing A Ruby Princess Cruise in the Future it's a real GEM!

Publication Date: 02/17/10