Celebrity Century Cruise Review by ehrlichpuppy: Century Jan 23-28 What a great time!!!!

ehrlichpuppy
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century Western Caribbean Cruises

Century Jan 23-28 What a great time!!!!

Sail Date: January 2010

I have worked a lot of overtime lately & when our travel agent found us a good bargain on the Century, it was too much to pass up! I had been interested to see the changes that had been made- DD & I had been on her before the upgrade. DH & I found her just as we expected & in some ways better.

We were in an oceanview cabin on the 5th floor. We both have some mobility issues & we thought the location (midships, near but not next to an elevator) to be perfect. We had traditional dining & the people that we shared a table with were very friendly. Our waiter was Xavier & he was very good- the one night DH was seasick (the seas were rough leaving Grand Cayman & he forgot to take seasick pills) he was very concerned & tried to suggest some food items that might be good to send to the room for Rick for later in the evening. We had never eaten in one of the specialty dining rooms on any of the ships we have been on. We had heard so many nice More comments about Muranos that we decided to try. OMG was it good! I would suggest that anyone that wants to go there to save it for the last day like we did. The food in the MDR was delicious, but Muranos was so much better that I think it wouldn't have seemed as good by comparison.

We enjoyed the shows. There was one of the "production shows" on the night the seas were rough- I have no idea how the dancers could do what they did when I was having trouble standing upright. The comedian was very funny & the juggler was very good. I took advantage of a special at the spa on the 2nd port day- If you enjoy the spa, be sure to check on the specials! Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Century 5049

We had been to Grand Cayman before and so didn't really plan much of anything there. We did a little shopping & then got back on the tender (yes, it is a tender port.) The seas were pretty rough & I actually had to be helped off the tender- it was tied off correctly (as far as I could see) but kept bobbing up & down. I had seen that there was a spa special & was able to schedule it for after we got back- good idea!!!

We arranged a private tour through Marva Shaw. Her company, KnowJamaicaTours, was highly rated on the "ports of call" board. As i stated above, we have some mobility issues. We were afraid that a "ships tour" due to the size alone, would not be able to cater to our wants & needs. We met some people on board, & they also wanted to come, which made it kind of nice (as well as dropping the price per person) She offers some setup tours , but in our case,after emailing back & forth & talking that morning in person, was able to plan a tour that had something for everyone. Some of the people wanted to do Dunns River Falls, but for those that did not, there was a small park & a local band playing music. We then went through Fern Gully & met "Carl the spice man". He was very knowledgeable about local spices & alternative medicine & I doubt that it would have been included on a tour through the cruiseline. There is a pottery factory that has tours & we went there next- it was very interesting. We stopped for lunch at a local restaurant- we were the only "non-locals" there. We did a little shopping & returned to the ship in plenty of time before sailaway.