Celebrity Century Cruise Review by ehrlichpuppy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Century Cruise Review by ehrlichpuppy
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Century
Member Name: ehrlichpuppy
Cruise Date: January 2010
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Century Jan 23-28 What a great time!!!!
I have worked a lot of overtime lately & when our travel agent found us a good bargain on the Century, it was too much to pass up! I had been interested to see the changes that had been made- DD & I had been on her before the upgrade. DH & I found her just as we expected & in some ways better.

We were in an oceanview cabin on the 5th floor. We both have some mobility issues & we thought the location (midships, near but not next to an elevator) to be perfect. We had traditional dining & the people that we shared a table with were very friendly. Our waiter was Xavier & he was very good- the one night DH was seasick (the seas were rough leaving Grand Cayman & he forgot to take seasick pills) he was very concerned & tried to suggest some food items that might be good to send to the room for Rick for later in the evening. We had never eaten in one of the specialty dining rooms on any of the ships we have been on. We had heard so many nice comments about Muranos that we decided to try. OMG was it good! I would suggest that anyone that wants to go there to save it for the last day like we did. The food in the MDR was delicious, but Muranos was so much better that I think it wouldn't have seemed as good by comparison.

We enjoyed the shows. There was one of the "production shows" on the night the seas were rough- I have no idea how the dancers could do what they did when I was having trouble standing upright. The comedian was very funny & the juggler was very good. I took advantage of a special at the spa on the 2nd port day- If you enjoy the spa, be sure to check on the specials!

Publication Date: 02/13/10