Island Escape Cruise Review by Sharon Petch

Island Escape
Island Escape
Member Name: Sharon Petch
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Tenerife (Canary Islands)
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Island Escape Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Island Escape Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Escape Deck Plans
NEEDS SINKING NOT SANITISING!
Just got back from what must be the worst cruise ship (if you can call it that it is more like a ferry, many said it was once a ferry!) to be sailing in any waters! I wouldn`t even call it one star! Some decks smelt so badly it made you feel sick (if you weren`t already being sick from the Norovirus bug on board or the sea sickness as the Captain seemed to need the stabilizers out every night! I went through 2 boxes of sea sick tablets!) The food was luke warm and more like school dinners than buffet dining. We went on Ocean Village in May and believe me they are 5 star in comparison. After paying about the same price I certainly expected a similar standard and the Island Escape is far from it. The Cabins are like being in a caravan and the shower was such a trickle it took me ten minutes to get my hair wet enough to put some shampoo on, not to mention trying to rinse it out afterwards. Talking about being in the cabin, this is where you hope to sleep but the ship is so noisy that unless you are deaf there isn`t much hope for any sleep either! On the last day we were evacuated because of the Norovirus bug to enable the ship to be "sanitised" believe me they would be better off sinking it save anyone else wasting their hard earned cash! I have done 3 Cruises now but if this had been my first I would definitely never do it again. If you are looking for an informal style Cruise (like we were as we don`t like the `formal` dining) book Ocean Village not Island Escape!

Publication Date: 01/21/10