Island Escape Cruise Review by Sharon Petch: NEEDS SINKING NOT SANITISING!

Sharon Petch
0 Post

NEEDS SINKING NOT SANITISING!

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Tenerife

Just got back from what must be the worst cruise ship (if you can call it that it is more like a ferry, many said it was once a ferry!) to be sailing in any waters! I wouldn`t even call it one star! Some decks smelt so badly it made you feel sick (if you weren`t already being sick from the Norovirus bug on board or the sea sickness as the Captain seemed to need the stabilizers out every night! I went through 2 boxes of sea sick tablets!) The food was luke warm and more like school dinners than buffet dining. We went on Ocean Village in May and believe me they are 5 star in comparison. After paying about the same price I certainly expected a similar standard and the Island Escape is far from it. The Cabins are like being in a caravan and the shower was such a trickle it took me ten minutes to get my hair wet enough to put some shampoo on, not to mention trying to rinse it out afterwards. Talking about being in the cabin, this is where you hope to sleep but the ship is so noisy that More unless you are deaf there isn`t much hope for any sleep either! On the last day we were evacuated because of the Norovirus bug to enable the ship to be "sanitised" believe me they would be better off sinking it save anyone else wasting their hard earned cash! I have done 3 Cruises now but if this had been my first I would definitely never do it again. If you are looking for an informal style Cruise (like we were as we don`t like the `formal` dining) book Ocean Village not Island Escape! Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Escape Review >>

Cabin review: Island Escape 5610

Too small. Shower useless. Just don`t book

Charming little Island typically Spanish had a lovely day

Went to Arrecife and loved it would definitely book a holiday to Lanzarote. Enjoyed it here so if Costa Teguise and Carmen are the main resorts they should be lovely.

Lovely Naval Ships in the port with all the officers in full uniform, very interesting. Lovely sea front walk and weather 28 degrees, super.

Fabulous here had great fun coming down the hillside in the wicker basket. Surprisingly enough the ride is really smooth and you go quite fast at times. A must for everyone.

We love Tenerife and have been to Los Cristianos a few times. We were looking forward to seeing some of the North of the Island but as we were evacuated to a hotel in the middle of nowhere down south that never actually materialized. Not to worry we made the best of it as we love Tenerife.
Read 209 Tenerife Reviews

It was actually Agadir in Morocco but Tunisia was the closest comparison i could find in your list! The trip to Taroudant was interesting but would have been better if we didn`t get off the coach. When the guides left us for 30 mins at the souks nobody dare to move! We all couldn`t wait to get back on the coach.