Carnival Dream Cruise Review by sunnydd: Best Cruise Yet

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Best Cruise Yet

Sail Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First of all I will start out by saying that I booked this cruise in September of 2008 for our 25th wedding anniversary. Needless to say we were looking forward to this trip regardless of all the not so great reviews. We were certainly not disappointed.

This was the easiest, and fastest embarkation we have experienced. We arrived at the port at 10:45, and were on the lido deck taking pictures (and drinking champagne) by 11:15. The ship was beautiful and very clean. We never experienced any of the odor problems, and we were all over the boat, at all hours of the day and night, so hopefully they have resolved that issue.

The food was very good. We ate in the Crimson dining room 5 of the 7 nights. We had a table for 2 every night. It was very busy, but we never had to wait an unreasonable amount of time for our courses. The Chilean Sea Bass was my favorite dish. My husband said the Prime Rib was his favorite. The Lido buffet was always good, and we were never in line More for more than 5 minutes. Everyone should try the BBQ they have outside the Ocean Plaza too. We had some really good burgers out there, and it was never crowded. We ordered room service almost every day and never waited more than 15 minutes. The food was always hot/cold when it needed to be.

We had the BEST room steward ever. If you get Ben on the 8th deck, you are going to be well taken care of. The rest of the staff was always polite and helpful as well.

The ports were all great, well we didn't tender to Belize so I have no information on that one. Mahogany Bay was very nice, and our favorite. Take bug repellent and use it (especially on the ankles) even if you don't think they are biting, they are.

We had a very smooth debark. We were the last zone to be called around 9:30, off the ship and on our way back to SC by 9:45. I love Port Canaveral !

This whole trip was a blast. The Dream really knows how to throw a New Years Eve party...one we will never forget. My one and only major complaint is that the week went by much too fast. Happy Sailing ! dd Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Verandah 8254

Beautiful cabin with nice sitting area. It is right off the stairs / elevators but behind a petition so you don't hear any noise from that. It is however slightly above the outdoor chess board, so overzealous players can get a little noisy.