Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by AdMaven

Cruise Date: October 2009
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Relaxing cruise ~ Radiance was beautiful!
This was the first time I have cruised on Radiance and only the second RCI ship since all my prior cruises were on Monarch out of Los Angeles. Since we lost Monarch I thought I would try going out of San Diego.

My friend and I took Metro-link from her city to Union Station in Los Angeles and then Amtrak business class to San Diego. She is disabled and we found the Amtrak crew to be extremely helpful. The train ride to San Diego was very relaxing. We had views of the Pacific around Oceanside and most of the way South. I highly recommend this if you want to avoid driving and parking at the pier in San Diego. Amtrak is easily in walking distance to the pier but we took a taxi for obvious reasons.

Boarding was pretty easy and our JS was very comfortable. We had asked for twin beds and when we got to the room it was a queen. Our cabin steward, Al, came in and he said he would take care of it that afternoon, and he did. Al was fantastic. Our room was always clean and he made sure we had ice and extra pillows. He greeted us by name every day and made our stay very special. We made sure to leave extra gratuity in the room as he did such a fantastic job!

We did MTD and it was wonderful. We made reservations every day based on what we were going to do and never had to wait for a table. We had dinner in Chops our first sea day and it was a fantastic dining experience and well worth the extra $25 per person.

We had fun in the casino (my friend won $1,000 the first night!) and we really enjoyed the "Love and Marriage" game. We didn't go to any other entertainment so I can't comment on that, nor did we use the ship's spa or fitness areas. I spent a lot of time on the balcony and enjoyed room service for breakfast a day or two, and always my coffee on the balcony.

Publication Date: 10/21/09