Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruiser-T: Radiance from S.D. CA to Mexico

Cruiser-T
Member Since 2004

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Mexican Riviera Cruises

Radiance from S.D. CA to Mexico

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

Let me start off with my rant about RCI removing this ship from the west coast, this will only leave the Mariner of the seas out of LA doing 7 night runs to Mexico. The 5 night on the Radiance was perfect, the class of ship is my favorite and the favorite of most RCI enthusiasts. The Mariner is OK, but for a short get away, the 5 night Radiance worked perfect on a beautiful ship and it left out of San Diego, not LA (YUK).

Great cruise, seas were a little rough compared to the Caribbean. Entertainment was great, 70's dance party, 80's dance party, Revolution - Tribute to the Beatles, the Piano bar, great tribute to Elton and Bill Joel, the Comedian and the Impressionist, enjoyed them all. Missed the Love and Marriage show, but this Quest was the best one we have been to.

The RCI Platinum and above reception is a joke, when we first started going to these, they at least had enough waiters to get you a drink of your choice on their dime, now you are lucky if you can More even get one of their pre-made awful drinks or a glass of bubbly. We will not be attending these in the future, a complete waste of time.

Food was very good in the Windjammer, MDR and the Seaview Cafe. We also had snack in the Solarium Cafe and the were great. Chops and Portofino lived up to our expectations and the both were delicious and wonderful, one complaint though, our dinner at Portofino was 3 hours long (party of 4), this is much too long. Next time I will tell our server we need to be done in 1.5 or 2 hours so we can attend the show.

The crew was very friendly and accommodating, the ship was in very good shape and the beds were very comfortable. We won a thermal spa package, glad I won it, because I would have been very disappointed if I would have paid the $75.00 per person RCI was charging for it. What you get is unlimited trips into the thermal spa which have the heated chaise loungers (excellent) there is also a co-ed sauna, light steam and aroma therapy room, funny thing is that the light steam, sauna or aroma therapy rooms were just mediocre and barely working, the heated chaise lounger with fabulous ocean view were excellent, we used them 3-4 times for about 20-30 each. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Radiance of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 9 9602

Fun and beautiful. We did a catamaran tour and snorkeling. Loved it, water warm.

You might just want to remain on the ship. We went to LaBufadora, fun to see the water shooting up through the rocks, but the vendors were VERY ANNOYING, AGGRESSIVE AND OBNOXIOUS, worse than Jamaica IMO. I would not go back to Ensenada, I would enjoy remaining on the ship.
Read 252 Ensenada Reviews