Goodbye Carnival!: Carnival Victory Cruise Review by chicagoam1
Overall Member Rating
1. Various areas on board smells of sewage, particularly on Promenade and Lido decks.
2. Steward cleaned room once. Body wash dispenser in shower started off almost empty and was never filled. Toilet paper not replenished.
3. Several sanitary hand cleaner dispensers were inoperable, including 2 on the Lido deck at the start of self-serve food lines. Never experienced this before on ANY cruise ship before.
4. Food has never been Carnival's strong suite, but it taste even more bland and uninspiring. Victory didn't even have a Guy's burger joint as a alternative.
5. Bought "Cheers" drink package. My drink of choice is Johnny Walker Black, which has been part of the package the last 3 times I've sailed with Carnival. JWB is the most widely distributed brand of blended Scotch whisky in the world. So, of course, Carnival has stopped serving it altogether. One bartender at the Casino bar More said that "no one drinks it". They had plenty of Ardbeg, though. Great for drinking if you like the way an extinguished house fire tastes/smells.
6. Guest getting rowdier and ruder each time I travel on a Carnival ship. Saw 2 drunken near-fights, and fellow guests carry on loud drunken conversations at 3 am RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR ROOM!
7. Couldn't wait to leave ship. They even managed to screw that up, with long waiting time for our deck to disembark, and winding lines that went through narrow spaces;ours going through a isles between seating in the Theater before circling back to where the line started IN THE LOBBY!
Was planning trip this Fall for Vista. Not after this.
Will give Royal Caribbean a try instead. Less
Good time not without ongoing ...
Just to tide me over till we c...
It is what it is, and nothing ...