Just to tide me over till we cruise RC in December: Carnival Victory Cruise Review by CarolinaGirl2010

Carnival Victory 3
CarolinaGirl2010
Member Since 2010
38 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Just to tide me over till we cruise RC in December

Sail Date: April 2017
We got a really good VIFP club price on this cruise, and we wanted to do something for our anniversary, so we decided to do this cruise. We weren't happy with our last Carnival cruise on the Magic, so we didn't really have high expectations for this one. We had never been to Key West though, so we figured we'd at least be on the ocean for 4 days and see something new. The Victory is a very pretty ship with lots of greens and aquamarines. Seahorses seem to be the theme. It's laid out strangely and the only floor that goes through to both ends is 5, so you have to go up and down a lot to get places. The internet is good. I paid $5 for 24 hours of Facebook, and it worked in the room and on the deck. We didn't use the pools or Jacuzzis.

The muster drill was very uncomfortable and long and not very organized. They take you out on the deck. Word of advice, go late. If you go early they put you standing in the back of 5 rows of people and it's hot and miserable. I'm More surprised that no one fainted.

We ended up booking an interior room instead of a balcony just to save money. Just a warning, if you book near the Atrium, you get a LOT of noise. We could hear and feel the beat of the music till the early hours of the morning on the Upper Deck (6296). Also, it seems that the neighbors thought it was a good idea to visit in the hallway till the wee hours also. The interior room was very tiny, no couch or table. It had adequate storage space for a 4 day cruise. It had been recently updated and has a flat screen TV. The shower curtain was too short for the shower and water ended up everywhere on the bathroom floor. My favorite part of a Carnival cruise are the beds and pillows. Always comfy. The room steward, Ronol, was hard to find the first day and we didn't see him much. You now have to decide if you want room service in the am or pm. It looked like you could get both also, but we decided on pm so we could sleep later if we wanted to. We finally figured out that he actually did know our name on the 3rd day, that's the first day he used it. He did leave towel animals each day and the room was clean. I think that they are being spread too thin.

We thought that the Lido buffet was good. We discovered that you can sit on the upper floor and have plenty of empty tables around you. Inyoman was a busboy up there, and he was great and very helpful. The pizza was good from the Pizza Pirate. This was our first time using 6:00 dining, we normally did Your Time Dining, but last time on the Magic they refused to seat us with anyone, so we didn't want to chance that again. We enjoy meeting people on a cruise. We were sat with 3 other couples, and we enjoyed it. Our wait staff was very good, but they never once asked for or used our names. That disappointed me. The food was good. The Seaday Brunch was the best. That never disappoints.

We only went to a couple of shows. The Comedy show was very good. Also, Vroom was excellent. Matey is the cruise director and very good also.

We walked at each port. Key West is good. If I went again I'd use the trolley. It's cheaper to buy tickets on the ship than on shore. Cozumel was the same as always with pushy sales people. We took a cab to town and only stayed a couple of hours. You were supposed to be back to the ship by 9:30 pm on Cozumel night, but 7 people were still missing. They straggled in, and at 10:05 the last group came. So, it seems that they will wait for you. The officers were not happy though, and were yelling at them to hurry up. A good place to sit and enjoy the view as you cruise is the deck outside the atrium 3rd floor area. Not many people are out there.

This was our sixth cruise with Carnival, and maybe our last. The VIFP club perks have been changed to two bottle of water and a pin for the cruise. Since this was only a 4 day cruise we didn't even get the free drink the last day of the cruise. I feel that Carnival has taken away any incentive for us to be loyal to the brand. Our next cruise is on RC. And hopefully the rest of them also. Less

Published 05/08/17

Cabin review: 4E6296 Interior

Interior cabin close to the atrium elevators. Very noisy when there is music playing in the atrium. You can hear and also feel the beat in the room till the wee hours. We would not book near the atrium again. Also, you can hear the noise in the hallway, and we could hear other people through their room doors when we walked in the hallway.

Read All Interior (4E) Reviews >>

I'm not a huge fan of downtown Cozumel, but we took a cab there. $8 each way per cab. We shared with another couple in the cab, but they still charged us $8. I'm not a fan of the pushy shop owners so we didn't stay long.
Read 5379 Cozumel Reviews

This was our first time in Key West. We walked down Duvall Street from beginning to end, and also saw the southernmost point. We had chocolate covered key lime pie at Kermits. Very good.
Read 1337 Key West Reviews

The port itself is okay. I prefer Port Canaveral.
Read 1752 Miami Reviews

38 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X