Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Love2TravelWoo: Across the Atlantic

Overall Member Rating

Across the Atlantic

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Transatlantic

We took  the Ruby Princess from Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona this April, 2009 - a 16 day cruise.  I was wary of the roughness of the Atlantic, because I always get seasick (although I have gone on more than 25 cruises).

Were we surprised!  The Ruby Princess sailed through the sea as smooth as glass.  We had 15' waves and 19' swells.  And the ship never showed it.  No dishes clacking in the dining rooms, etc.  What a ship!  And also, great credit to the captain - I'm sure he was responsible for that.   I always take Bonine for seasickness - I only needed 1 per day while we were crossing the Atlantic.  Maybe I wouldn't have needed that - but I take care so that I have no problem.

The ship was gorgeous, in true Princess class.  The dining was exceptional.  The crew was true to Princess high standard.

This cruise, we also had our laundry done by the crew.  Boy, was that wonderful! More   Everything was cleaned and pressed daily.

The pools are very inviting.  And Movies Under the Stars were great - some good movies.

The ports and shore excursions were really enjoyable.  We took mostly the panaromic excursions, because this was our first time to these particular ports.  We saw an overview of the area, and some things in more depth.  It was fascinating.

Princess Cruises is a great company - we have cruised with them multiple times in many areas.  We always trust them to give us a great experience.

Published 07/30/09

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X