Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Dreamcat78: We will sail again

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

We will sail again

Sail Date: May 2009

Over all for our first cruise with our 4 year old we had a good time. I think next cruise we will for sure bring a parent along so we can have some alone time. We did not get a chance to use camp carnival the one time we did go up there to check her in it was infants only? we were kind of disappointed as my daughter was excited to go up there! As for our cabin everything was nice and out room steward was great her name was Olga and we had nothing but good things to say about her. Every night we couldnt wait to get to our rooms to see what towel animal she had for us that evening !! The rooms we always clean and we always had fresh Ice! Food was good not great just satisfactory! Rosies always had plenty to choose from even for my meat eating husband and fruit loving child! Never did find fish and chips but heard it was great. I did try the pan asian one day great variety! The staff was delightful you could clearly tell who loved their job and who didnt but mostly lovers singing down More the hall and always a nice smile on their faces! Our dining room was the washington we hoped to be by the windows for a nice view but we still enjoyed from where we were. Our waiter was so so i forgot his name sorry, it seemed like the waiter next to us had more information than ours and always seemed to go above and beyond for his guests instead of ours. All of the staff did a dance after dinner which was exciting for our 4 year old. The variety was just ok , not saying I didnt like my food every night but i was hoping for better choices. And the kids menu was boring same thing every night. chicken fingers, pizza, hot dog or peanut butter and jelly! The Spa was nice very over priced but the ladys were very good at what they did and not too pushy to was i read prior to going. As soon as i turned down a product they said ok if i changed my mind to let them know. I got a facial and a massage! i think i would only go with 1 next time as they were so much $$ but i was trying to treat myself for mothers day :)  All in all we had a great cruise and will for sure do it again, we would like to try other ships. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Oceanview Riviera 1385

We did the Zoo and City tour this was my least faviorate port, I just felt the zoo was so far and drawn out and by the time we got there it was soo hot! I think the heat had a big effect but seeing the city tour wasnt much, if you have been to a 3rd world country you have seen them all depressing. The zoo it self wasnt that great but it was nice to see a few of the animals up close ect. our tour guide was great and very informative!

We went to Boatswain Beach and Turtle farm. My four year old loved and so did I, it was my faviorate port. Our tour guide was great he was very informative about the turtles and all about them. It was so hot also this day so it was nice to go for a swim after our tour in the nice beach area. We will for surte be back here!!! The Cafe food was sooo expensive just and FYI!

Lots to do and lots of fun shopping, We didnt make it to the seaquarium which was so close to the port we found it on our way back and had walked around for hours so we were beat! Bring your walking shoes!!! and sunscreen of course!

Read 738 Key West Reviews

We did the Tabyana beach day it was very nice but we got very sunbunrt so extra SPF needed here. We arrived late and of course their was barley anywhere to sit, we found a nice spot by the water so we could see our little one in the water but we ended up being in the water all day ourselves! the trip over there was really pretty! My husband enjoyed the rum punch!!!
Read 1651 Roatan Reviews