Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by 2cold2care

Cabin Category: B1
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Absolutely best cruise for the price! Too much Fun!
Hello Critics

Wanted to send a big THANK YOU to all those cruisers out there that had criticisms of the Sky. Just got off the Sky and I LOVED it!! I also found absolutely every problem those before me have mentioned.

- Small cabins - Old furniture - Soot on the balcony - Slow milk dispenser - Slight smell - Leaky shower - Lines

What's so great is that none of these things bothered me because this site had me completely prepared! When it comes down to it, for the price of this cruise none of those things should be deal breakers.

We had great weather and no delays. Food was great and I thought the service was good. Embarkation was a snap and we carried our luggage off and didn't feel at all stressed during debarkation. Didn't get too much pressure to buy drinks and tables were always cleaned off quickly. Spent the day walking in Nassau ending up at the flamingo park. Decided to spend my money at the casino and for drinks so I skipped the excursions. (Unfortunately I spent a lot of money at the casino!)

About the specialty restaurants. I had no problem paying extra for them but I didn't find the food much better than that of the main restaurant (I didn't go to Cagney's). But, the extra ambiance and slightly better food makes it worth it. I think you'd have a great cruise even if you pass on the specialty restaurants. Here's what I liked the best.

- Prime Rib from the Crossings - Strawberry soufflE from The Palace - Steamed mussels from Le Bistro - Spaghetti for lunch on the first day from Il Adagio - Two for one Mojitos - Two for one Martinis (These babies are wicked!!)

Now I didn't particularly care for the hamburgers or French fries even though I ate a ton of them!

I packed way too many clothes. I didn't use the ball court or gym and here's what I should have taken - Two pair of casual pants - One button down that could go with both pants. - Two Polos - Two T-shirts - One pair of swim trunks - Sneakers - Dockers - Socks & Skivvies

I packed twice this and it was a waste!

I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the ship was. Being spring break we had plenty of children and teenagers on the boat and I saw no elevator games or rowdy gangs of teenagers. Saw plenty stumble out of Senior Frogs but nobody was out of control.

It looked like all the kids on the boat were having a great time but be forewarned. When you pull into Nassau you're going to be parked next to cruise ships with water slides and climbing walls. All this boat has is a pool and a basketball court. If I were 8 - 12 years old that might be a bit of a downer. I'd prep my kids and remind them of the extra fun they'll get to have at Paradise Island with the money you're saving going with NCL!

Snorkeling on Great Stirup Cay was fun. I already had a mask so only had to rent a vest. Not as much wildlife as you might see in Nassau but it's absolutely cheapest snorkeling I've ever done! Saw rays and small eels and about a dozen different kinds of fish.

The photographer who takes the pictures on the all white background is awesome! The Mojito bar is just above his setup and I watched him work with several groups and couples. He's creative and fast; seems to make everyone comfortable and takes awesome pictures! If you're getting a photo on the boat visit him.

Thank you Frank from SAS for getting us to and from the dock and airport. Followed their direction and was picked up promptly both ways. Steve does a great job scheduling and Frank's stories made for a quick trip.

I had a great time and put my 250 down for the next trip! Only 4 stars though because the boat is showing it's age.

Publication Date: 04/08/09