Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by xtiffx1218

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
~Soaring on the sky ~ had a BLAST!
Well first of all let me start off and say that this is my first cruise and definitely will not be my last. After getting on here and reading all the bad reviews i was really nervous about what i had gotten myself into. But every thing was Great! We got to Miami about 12 noon on Monday and parked at the lot which cost for 4 days was $80. We made it through check in and all that good stuff in like 15 minutes.

Got on board and went to try to see if we could get in our room, and our keys wouldn't open the room, so we had to go to the receptionist where they apologized over and over and reset our cards. We then went back to our room where we had a balcony suite on the back of the boat! IT WAS AMAZING! * i got towel animals every night which made me happy * We then spent the rest of the day on the pool deck soaking up the sun and the alcohol. Side note on the Alcohol.***They run a special on beer. You can buy 5 beers and get 1 free which cost like 25 dollars and then the specialty drinks ran like $7 or $8 dollars***We also went to the welcome aboard show that night, and my fiance got us on stage because he hollered when the comedian asked if there was any one engaged. so we went up and did a magic trick.

The best day we had was when we ported in nassau. We got off the boat at like 9 am, with no problem. As soon as we walked over the walkways to the shopping, a young black guy approached my fiance and wanted to give us a tour of the island for $30 a person. I was definitely skeptical, but it was so fun and well worth it. It was a total of 10 people in the van from all of the other cruise lines and we went on like a 3 1/2 hour tour. We went from one side of the island to look at things, all the way over to atlantis to tour the inside! I was so happy we did this. The tour of atlantis itself would have costed me $75 dollars a person. So if u see "TIDO", which was the name of the guy that gave the tour, wanting to do tours, definitely hook up with him.

The day at sea was alright. A day to soak up the sun. But a word to the wise. If you do not get out there by like 8 am and lay towels on chairs, you wont have any seats for the rest of the day. We went out at 12 and just had to watch for people to move. lol. And if you see a pool side waiter named Gilbert or Dominion then let them serve you! They are SOOOO sweet and cool. We had many conversations with them. They knew us by name by the time it was over! The day at grand stirrup cay was cool. We went onto the island at like 11 and were back on the boat by 2. We swam in the water ate some lunch and walked around. But we were kinda burnt after the day at sea!

If i had to leave u with one tip it would be to make some reservations to the restaurants. Because Dinner can sometimes be quite interesting. We usually ate the meat of the night and some french fries. The one thing i did not like was that at like midnight i would want a snack and u had to actually go to the bar and sit down and order and wait for your food. There is nothing really to "snack on" You better take some food back to you room from dinner! Overall this ship was awesome. Clean boat. NICE NICE NICE PEOPLE! Get to know the people that are taking care of you! and have a great time!

Publication Date: 04/08/09