Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Sarina36

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: OG

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Birthday wishes and Anniversary dreams
My voyage on the Sky what can I say it was great. After reading the reviews I was expecting the least but we had a blast. This was our first cruise ever and we traveled in a group of four adults. We took the transfer from the airport to the ship where the processing in the terminal went smooth. We were directed to the atrium where we received free drinks and roamed the ship to our rooms! We arrived at our cabin we were given a free fruit basket along with 2 complimentary bottles of champagne. The surprises kept on coming. The cabin was cute and efficient for our time. I ordered the anniversary package that came with free pictures, dinner at Le bistro, anniversary party, chocolate covered strawberries and canapes.

On our first night we took in the ships casino and ate dinner at the Palace. Our second day we went on the harbor cruise to see Atlantis which was breath-taking. We also shopped at the market in Nassau which was packed with good bargains. Later we ate at Senor Frogs for a little Mexican food and music. The staff was fun as usual. On our third day we went to Great stirrup Cay and parasailed. The water was crystal clear and fish were passing by our feet. I couldn't have asked for more. Music on the beach was live with a reggae band.

Our last night was bitter sweet because we still had so much to do on the ship there just wasn't enough time. They had couple games, bingo, comedy shows, party nights, art auctions, and nintendo wii tournaments. Endless activities. Dining got better by the day we at the garden cafe for breakfast each morning, Palace for lunch, beach for the BBQ and Le' bistro the last night for dinner.

Disembarkation was a little slower due to everyone getting off at one time but the actual processing was still a breeze. We took the transfer back to the airport and checked our bags. We rented a car and went to Sawgrass Mills mall for a birthday lunch at the Cheesecake factory for my Boyfriend who turned 30. We did some more shopping and headed back to the airport. Everything was just how I wanted. I couldn't ask for anything more. I can truly say we had a wonderful time and would love to go on another cruise with Norwegian probably a longer stay.

Publication Date: 08/16/08