Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Emeraldgal

Cabin Category: BA
        Under 3 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pleasant Surprise
Background Information: This was my first sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line. I have sailed Royal Caribbean & Princess before. I sailed with my mother-in-law who needed to use up a cruise credit she had from a terrible experience on another NCL ship, and my young son.

Embarkation: We drove and parked in the garage for $20 a day. We arrived about noon. Check-in was a breeze, we walked right up to the counter and were on the ship in a matter of minutes.

When we walked onto the ship they had an escort walk us inside to the elevator. We were told our stateroom would be ready by 2pm. We were given a complimentary glass of champagne or orange juice.

Cabin: We stayed in a category BB Balcony. It has a wall with a porthole and a door to the balcony. I'm used to the sliding glass doors, but this didn't seem to bother me! I loved having the couch that folded out into the bed, instead of the third bed coming out of the wall or ceiling. I thought there was enough space for everyone. We did have two fantastic stateroom attendants, Michael & Voltaire. They were always smiling and went out of their way to help us and make sure my son was having a great time!!

Food: We first went to the Garden Cafe for lunch. I was not impressed with the selection. Other than hamburgers and hotdogs it was tofu, fried fish, and sausage with peppers, or cold cuts. We did not eat in the specialty restaurants except for Il Adaggio which served free pizza and pasta for lunch. The pizza and pasta were excellent. We ate in the main dining rooms and absolutely loved the appetizers. But the main courses were not that good.

Ports: We first stopped in Nassau. Since this is my third trip to Nassau, we just decided to go shopping. We shopped for about 2 hours then returned to the ship. Our second stop of Great Stirrup Cay. This was my biggest disappointment of the cruise. The beach was very small, only one row of loungers and the other rows were very small beach chairs. No umbrellas at all. The bbq was ok, but I've had better. My burger was burnt to a crisp.

Kids' Club: This was the highlight of the trip. My son was in the 2-5 year old room. They took such great care of him and he had a blast. I was given a beeper every night since they don't change diapers. The child's splash pool on deck 12 was much bigger than I expected it to be. My son loved it and there were only a handful of kids' in it while we were there.

Entertainment: We went to one show. The production was nice but did not have the big sets. However, the dancers and singers did a great job. We enjoyed the show.

Disembarkation: We got off the ship after eating breakfast. There was no line at all for customs, so we were back in the car after just a few minutes after leaving the ship.

Overall, I was happy with the cruise. While the food was not as great as I had hoped, I would cruise the Norwegian Sky again.

Publication Date: 08/16/08