Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Olivia

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

3rd times a charm!!!
I say the 3rd times a charm because I've been on three cruises now, the first two...ehh I didn't think anything special of them. This time we went with a group of 6, my parents, me(20), my sister(24), and our boyfriends. Both previous cruises Besides a few minor complaints, the cruise on Carnival Glory was amazing.

We left from Port Canaveral, Florida. When we pulled up and started unloading I saw the HUGE line and started to get aggravated,(mind you we drove down from Toledo, Ohio which was a 17 hour drive!!). I really expected the wait to be and hour or so. Little did I know we'd be through the line in 15 minutes tops and into our stateroom. Carnival defiantly knows what they're doing when it comes to getting people onto the ship in record time.

We boarded around 1:30 and our stateroom was ready and waiting for us. Our rooms were small inside rooms but they were plenty big enough for the two of us. I also noticed that the bathrooms on Carnival were much more convenient than Royal Caribbean. My parents had a room on the outside with a window and it was HUGE for a cruise cabin with a full bed and a large couch and sitting area. Our stateroom staff was pretty amazing. Our rooms were always clean and he even folded our clothes if we left them out on the beds. The towel animals were also a cute surprise.

The ship was very cool. I was worried that carnival ships would be really tacky, but it was actually very nice. The colors were wonderful and not overdone. There were 2000 people on our cruise but I never felt crowded. There was always a place to get away from the crowd. Despite what I read on the internet, we didn't have any problems finding lounge chairs. We spent most of our two days at sea up on the very top deck tanning, it was so private!

There were plenty of activities on the boat, but we kind of stayed away from them. We had a big group so we were more interested in just having fun with each other. But from what I heard the activities were really fun.

The service we received on the ship in all areas was wonderful. Always smiling, always saying "how are you today?" or "have a nice evening." I have absolutely no complaints of the service.

PORTS:

Cozumel: I had never been to Mexico before and I was a little worried. We had heard that if you don't find a good excursion, cozumel would be a little boring. Luckily my mom booked us at Nachi Cocom beach club. It's a private beach and they only let in 100 people a day(the staff said it never gets to 100 people). It was beautiful and a great bargain. Fifty dollars a person for all day all you can eat all you can drink. The food was wonderful authentic Mexican. Nachos, tacos, guacamole...omg it was so good. And we definitely drank our 50 dollars worth. They also had a great pool if you wanted a break from the ocean. Me and my boyfriend parasailed there and it was beautiful. We paid 50 dollars a person to do it and it was well worth it.

Roatan: We went to Gumba Limba park. It was wonderful. We held and played with monkeys and birds. We saw lots of beautiful palms and plants as well. If you are terrified of lizards (like my mom is haha) don't worry too much, if you don't look for them you will only see a few little guys. After the monkey park we got to hang out in the beautiful pool until our boat came to take us snorkeling. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Wonderful coral reefs and beautiful neon colored fish.

Belize: After driving through Belize city we realized how lucky we were that we booked an excursion! I would strongly recommend planning something in Belize because the city was not impressive. But luckily we booked an excursion on cave-tubing.com. one word, AMAZING!!!. Please take my advice on this one. We paid 45 dollars a person, compared to 94 dollars if you book through the cruise. We got free shots of cashew wine on the bus ride and our guide Yoni(sorry if I spelled it wrong) was nothing short of amazing. He gave us wonderful information about the city and he kept us entertained with his jokes. The guys at dot com worked sooo hard for us. They linked 6 peoples tubes together in each group and each group got their own guide to help pull us through. We saw people who booked through the cruise just floating of on their own with no guide, didn't look too fun to me. Once again, if you choose to go cave tubing..choose www.cave-tubing.com!!!!

Freeport: Horrible at first..hot and miserable, crappy little tourist shops. So we decide to get in a taxi and go over to Lucaya. When we first got to lucaya we were disappointed because it was the same touristy shops with the same old nic nacs and t shirts. So we headed for the ocean. We walked right between to big resorts and rented to beach chairs for ten bucks. It was the prettiest water I'd ever seen. We spent the rest of that day lounging and swimming in the ocean.

Dining: I wrote about this last because im not very picky when it comes to food. The ship had pizza burgers and fries available all day, buffets for every meal, and also the formal dining. Honestly, the food wasn't fantastic, if you reallllly care about good high class food, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you are a family like us who eats at decent restaurants then you'll be just fine.

Publication Date: 05/26/08