Carnival Glory Cruise Review by PAUL CAWTHORNE: EXCITEMENT LIKE NO OTHER

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

EXCITEMENT LIKE NO OTHER

Sail Date: April 2008
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I have always wanted to go on a cruise, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Four friends flew over from England and we met up with them on the ship to celebrate two fortieth birthdays. The flight from Toronto to Orlando was flawless with Air Canada, as was the transfer from the airport to Port Canaveral. Although I was just reeling with excitement, I really had no idea what to expect, then seeing that massive ship was unbelievable. The embarkation was great, no long line ups and we were greeted by a band and dancers. The registration was smooth and in no time at all we were on the ship being greeted by staff. The ship itself was just amazing, very beautiful with more than I could imagine would be on a ship, it literally is a floating city.

All the staff, wether they be the dining staff, cabin or bar staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful. The cabin was very clean, alot more spacious than I imagined it would be, It was perfect having the balcony, they even opened More up the partition for us between ours and our company next door.The cabin staff were amazing, never once did we go to our cabin and they hadn't cleaned it, regardless if four showers a day were had, it was always cleaned with fresh towels on our return. The sail and sign card was a great system, and you could check on your account by going on your cabin TV.

Booking the excursions was an exciting and straight forward experience. The staff were very helpful and answered all our questions and concerns. The excursions themselves were brilliant, we did the snorkeling and Beach Party on a private island in Cozumel, lots of fun. Belize was nice and relaxing and swimming with the stingrays in the Bahamas was also fun.

The Golden dining room was beautiful, the food was excellent with totally different menus everyday to choose from. The staff were very professional, but at the same time lots of fun. The red sail buffet restaurant was full of different types of food to choose from and very enjoyable. I also found the restaurant to be very organized, never on the ship did I feel surrounded or in a hustle, bustle situation.

The entertainment was great, the shows in the theatre were truly Las Vegas style quality and the entertainment manager Ryan was brilliant. All in all, there is NOT one negative thing I can say about my vacation on the Carnival Glory. It truly was a great vacation spent with great friends and an experience that I will do again soon. I also know that I will be with Carnival again on my next cruise doing possibly the Eastern Caribbean. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6283

Cabin was very spacious, clean with a great balcony. Beds were so comfortable and the linens were top notch. Plenty of closet space, great job.