Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by ab6973: Caribbean Princess - Bahamas

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Bahamas Cruises

Caribbean Princess - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 2008
Destination: Bahamas

Never thought I would be one of "those" people who would be writing a bad review.

Our arrival at the airport was a breeze, we met our transfer group at baggage claim with smiles on our faces. Quickly shuttled off to the pier terminal to find a quick and easy check-in process. I have never seen it so easy to get through they really have their methods down pat. We boarded the ship and were greeted by some.. pirates (photo op), ok this was a bit lame. We stopped at the first soda table to sign my fiance right up, and were presented with our mug! We set off to the lido deck to find our cabin and explore the ship.

L241 was our home for the next 3 nights and being an inside cabin I was actually really pleased with the cabin. Loved the divided feel with the vanity wall. Brought a sense of privacy to a small space. The bed was hard, quickly resolved by ordering a egg crate, and our robes were missing, again another simple request filled. The shower didn't feel as small to More me as past cruises. I did find that leaving the curtain open and popping my leg up on the potty allowed easier shaving of one's legs, just saying.

We set off to explore, this ship is huge, did I mention huge? We made a mad dash to the spa to sign up for the couples thermal spa package. Not really worth it but the showers were the best. The lotus pool is the place to be if you don't enjoy spending your vacation away from your kids, with other people's kids.

We made our way to horizon for lunch and ordered our first soda to find out they didn't apply the sticker to his card. After being told several times we needed to locate the table we bought it from, we ended up in line at the purser's desk with our receipt and had them go argue this out for us. Half hour later the purser found the crew member that sold us the soda deal and got our sticker, how crazy. Dinner again at horizon, I can say the food onboard was the worst I have ever had on a cruise ship. I would compare the buffet's to that of old country or golden coral. We spent our nights at the casino with ms. blackjack, and electronic hold'em. Odd they don't have actual hold'em tables they are missing out on a money maker. Fiance did get into a spat with the casino hostess Barbara which left her a sour face for the remainder of our time with her.

Sea day, was great time spent in the thermal suite, and lotus pool area. Few naps and skipped formal night to dine at caribe cafe, which at 8 pm I can say was the best dining option on this ship. It was quiet, and nicely lit and seafood everywhere. Officers of the ship were dining there seems they know the secret as well.

Princess Cay, just wasn't as great as I had hoped. Finding a chair was a feat, but it was nice just laying on the float out in the water. Go down to the left as far as you can.. then go further and you will find peace. Tonight we dined at the palm, and after losing our reservation for the second night in a row we were granted entry this time and had a miserable steak dinner, left before dessert. Getting off this ship was a joke, I don't even want to think about it again. Miserable long lines down flights of stairs with people everywhere dragging luggage. No announcements of color's no order no crew to be seen that were managing this. This was absurd. Come on Princess you failed at this.

Highlights- This ship is amazing & huge, and well cared for Ship photographers are amazing love the un-conventional poses Room was always clean and well cared for, by Korin

Lows- The crew are miserable, they can't even fake the smile and sing song good morning's. Food is typical cafeteria food

I am not done with Princess but not happy with this cruise, to soon to blame an entire cruise line. But I can think of a couple other lines who are supposed to be below this level that have much more going for them. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>