Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Tio Joe

Member Name: Tio Joe
Cruise Date: May 2008
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: out
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First time on Princess, but not last
When I saw this itinerary, I contacted some family members and talked them into going. I normally don't submit to these boards, but after reading the previous review from ab.... I had to submit my review.

First off, this was my first cruise on Princess, but my "28th" cruise. I am certainly not an expert, but after sailing many lines I can make a good comparison.

The Caribbean Princess is big, but even with a total compliment of passengers, you did not feel cramped. I opted for an outside cabin since I was traveling solo and it was good. Only complaint it had a partially obstructed view, but how long was I going to sit and look out the window.

My family and friends had AB category balcony cabins on C deck. Their cabin size was exactly the same as mine, but they had a large balcony that fit 4 chairs and a table. They were impressed.

The food was outstanding! We had breakfast and lunch in the Horizon Buffet and the choices and quality were impressive. On our departure from Ft.Lauderdale, they offered an all you can eat lobster claw, crab leg and shrimp buffet in the Horizon, and that also included the normal selection for the night. It was awesome! We chose anytime dining and were able to make a reservation each night in the coral dining room. The food was exceptional and the service excellent.

The ports of Grand Turk and Princess Cays were fun. And even though they were crowded, you did not feel cramped.

Upon disembarkation in Ft. Lauderdale, we opted to carry our luggage off and were schedule to disembark at 0800. At 0745 they called our number and we were off the ship, through customs and at the taxi stand in less than 20 minutes.

My first impression of Princess was beyond my expectations. I am looking forward to my Island Princess Alaska cruise this coming week!

Publication Date: 05/21/08