Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Tio Joe: First time on Princess, but not last

Tio Joe
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Bahamas Cruises

First time on Princess, but not last

Sail Date: May 2008
Destination: Bahamas

When I saw this itinerary, I contacted some family members and talked them into going. I normally don't submit to these boards, but after reading the previous review from ab.... I had to submit my review.

First off, this was my first cruise on Princess, but my "28th" cruise. I am certainly not an expert, but after sailing many lines I can make a good comparison.

The Caribbean Princess is big, but even with a total compliment of passengers, you did not feel cramped. I opted for an outside cabin since I was traveling solo and it was good. Only complaint it had a partially obstructed view, but how long was I going to sit and look out the window.

My family and friends had AB category balcony cabins on C deck. Their cabin size was exactly the same as mine, but they had a large balcony that fit 4 chairs and a table. They were impressed.

The food was outstanding! We had breakfast and lunch in the Horizon Buffet and the choices and quality were More impressive. On our departure from Ft.Lauderdale, they offered an all you can eat lobster claw, crab leg and shrimp buffet in the Horizon, and that also included the normal selection for the night. It was awesome! We chose anytime dining and were able to make a reservation each night in the coral dining room. The food was exceptional and the service excellent.

The ports of Grand Turk and Princess Cays were fun. And even though they were crowded, you did not feel cramped.

Upon disembarkation in Ft. Lauderdale, we opted to carry our luggage off and were schedule to disembark at 0800. At 0745 they called our number and we were off the ship, through customs and at the taxi stand in less than 20 minutes.

My first impression of Princess was beyond my expectations. I am looking forward to my Island Princess Alaska cruise this coming week! Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess

I was upgraded from a guaranteed G to and E category, with a partially obstructed view, but that was no problem. Big walk in closet area across from bathroom and away from the main entrance. Great use of space. Lots of drawer space, safe and the bed was grand.