Carnival Valor Cruise Review by csb1953

Member Name: csb1953
Cruise Date: October 2007
Cabin Category: 6b

Western Carribean was great in October
One of my biggest worries was the weather at this time of year. All my worries quickly faded as it was fantastic. My room being on the 1st floor was surprisingly quiet. The ship overall was to my expectation, and we had great service in all areas during the cruise. The only fault was on debarkation. We were late leaving the ship and missed our plane. We were on the fly-aweigh program so Carnival made alternate arrangements to get us back home the same day.

Grand Cayman - we did the stingray and rum point tour. We enjoyed feeding and walking around them. There were so many of them. The stop at rum point was too short for me. It was a great place but we didn't get to relax and fully enjoy it. Overall good value for the tour, I recommend it.

Roatan - this was my favorite stop. We did the Canopy tour and Gumbalimba park. This is a must do. The zip lining was fantastic, better than I expected. I was pleased to see all the precautions taken to ensure our safety. I cannot say enough about the guys who work the platforms, they were so great. The tour afterwards, especially with the monkeys were worth the walk. Overall my best tour of this cruise.

Belize - Cave tubing. This was a good day trip. I found them very organized and kept things moving. They gave us enough time to do the things we wanted. On the way to the start of the river our guide was great at explaining the stuff around us which made the walk go very fast and interesting. The river was pretty calm so it was very relaxing, not too much work to stay with the tour. Overall this was a good day tour.

Cozumel - we went on our own. We took a taxi around the island, visited the various beaches and small restaurants. This was priced reasonably so we had a great morning seeing all the different areas which I would not normally see on my own. We stopped downtown for a bit of shopping and sitting at a sidewalk bar enjoying some of the flavors of Mexico.

This was a great cruise.

Publication Date: 12/19/07