Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by CRUIZINMOMMANJ

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by CRUIZINMOMMANJ
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: CRUIZINMOMMANJ
Cruise Date: July 2007
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        3-6 4.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda
Bermuda is beautiful!!

I have been on 14 cruises before this one - this being my first on Royal Caribbean. I must say, this is a beautiful ship.

Our first view of the ship could have been nicer...we walked into our stateroom to a garbage can full of garbage from the previous cruisers and a couch stained so badly I never wanted to sit on it. We walked out onto our balcony - only to find a nice view of rust all along the bottom of the railing. The balcony was a great size - cabin size was okay and the bathroom tiny. Speaking of the bathroom - my husband walked in and found a white pill on the floor as soon as we got there....with a child, that wasn't too great.

We used the Adventure Ocean club for our 5 year old, she loved it...I did find however that there activities were not as good as other cruise lines. All the popular things that the kids wanted to do were planned for while we were docked - or when the shows were going on....and we had to pick her up 15 minutes before the shows ended. (Or pay the $1 per minute you are late)

Bermuda was awesome - I can not say enough. We went to Horseshoe Bay - and the sites are spectacular. I have over 600 pictures to develop. We missed the Dockyard Festival due to the "Ocean Adventure Pirate Parade" that our daughter wanted to do. (I wasn't thrilled with some of the things that came out of the kids mouths or the camp counselors....it wasn't appropriate for the ages of 3-5 to be calling them liars and so forth... it was supposed to be funny - but not age appropriate.

Others that went to the festival said it was just a lot of stuff for sale outside, we heard the music from our room - looked like a nice party.

The next day we did the Royal Dockyard museum - a definite for great pictures!! Also on the way out you can see the Dolphins from Dolphin Quest - and almost touch them - WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE~

When we go back we are going to try Snorkel Park which is right next to the museum, looks like a beautiful beach - fun activities to do - not a rough area for the water, very calm.

The ice show was spectacular - DO NOT MISS IT. We were lucky enough to have first row - center ice. We were wiping ice off of ourselves - and a skater offered her hand to my daughter from the ice...she felt magical.

The "Promenade Parades" were very cool.

The food was not the best I have had. There was nothing I hated, but nothing that made me crazy over either...the desserts were not very appetizing to me, and I am a chocolate lover!! Room service menu was very limited.

All in all - I loved the cruise - a bit over priced - but very nice. I would sail on the ship again - and definitely plan on going to Bermuda again via cruizin....

Publication Date: 07/10/07