Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by MzMiZtiZa

Cruise Date: March 2007
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6C
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Destiny - Southern Caribbean

This cruise was my husband and my first cruise ever. We took this cruise as our honeymoon. We're 24 and 26 from California.

We had an early flight out of LAX the day the cruise was to leave. We got married the night before so couldn't leave a day ahead of time. The lines out of LAX for security were horrible. Luckily, we got through the lines with no problem and boarded a 7AM flight out of Los Angeles to San Juan Puerto Rico via American Airlines.

We stopped once for gas in Ft. Lauderdale. Thank goodness we did as we were starving since airlines no longer serve food. Make sure and bring plenty of snacks! We arrived in San Juan at 7PM. The ship allowed boarding up until 10PM. The airline ended up loosing one of my suitcases, which just happened to be my suitcase with all my clothes in it. I filed a claim with the airline and they took down my itinerary and said that my suitcase had been sent to Boston by mistake and would be heliported to our next port of call.

Embarkation: We were probably one of the last people in line to check in. We took the transfer from the airport. Got through with no line and no problem. Our luggage was waiting for us at the door when we got to the room. We had a balcony room on the upper deck level 6. Gorgeous view. We were really pleased with our rooms. We had pizza and burgers for dinner since everything else was closed.

Day 1:We arrived in St. Thomas. We had breakfast on the balcony. My tip order more than you think you want for room service. I ordered fruit and got literally one little square of cantaloupe. Since my bags had not arrived yet, I had to buy some tourist looking clothes at the flea market in town. It was really humid here. We took a tour of the island with some other people from the cruise ship with a local tour company. $15 each person. Our guide was awesome and even offered to take me to Kmart to get me clothes. We had dinner at our dining time 8PM. We shared a table with a couple from Northern CAlifornia. Super sweet couple and we hit it off well.

Day2: We arrived in Dominica. This island looked creepy from our balcony. We did a shore excursion to the Rainforest and Emerald Pools. Definitely take an excursion on this island!! We heard that some others got left behind since taxis do not stick around at the Emerald Pools. It is about an hour and a half from the port. The locals here are very aggressive as well. Got back to the ship and had a great dinner again with our dining mates.

Day 3: We arrived in Barbados. This island was too over rated for me. We weren't in the mood to hang out at the beach so we did an island tour. Went to the rum factory and a drive around the island. Pretty boring . I was disappointed.

DAy 4: St. Lucia. We took a wonderful bus tour. So many scenic places to take pictures. Our tourguide was great! She had us sample local food and fruits. The weather was a bit muggy tho. This day I also took advantage of the spa cocktail for $75 pick 5 services for this price. Awesome deal.

Day 5: Antigua: We went on the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel. Awesome excursion! We saw wonderful coral and fish. Highly Recommend this excursion.

Day 6: Day at Sea. We did laundry and enjoyed relaxing on the upper deck catchin some sun.

Day 7: Disembarkation: We waited in the main arena until we were called. We had a 11AM flight. We got off around 9AM. Couldn't find my luggage again! Finally did and we caught a taxi. Got to the airport and made it home with no problems!

Loved the cruise! We had a great time. Great service from our stewards! Room was always taken care of.

Publication Date: 06/08/07