Jeanne's review of the Douro River Cruise: Viking Torgil Cruise Review by JeanneRousseau
Overall Member Rating
Jeanne's review of the Douro River Cruise
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Porto (Leixoes)
1. The Lisbon portion - Not the pre-cruise extension but the Lisbon portion of the Cruise left a lot to be desired. The quick walk through the lower streets of the Alfalma just wasn't good and certainly didn't represent the quaintness and charm of the Alfalma. The most beautiful castle was totally ignored. A very quick drive by the Bairro Alto without any reference to what we were passing didn't make much sense and no time to walk around or shop in Lisbon was not desirable.
2. The drive and stop in Coimbra was very good.
3. No time in Porto - would have liked a bit more time before being shuttled back to the boat.
4. Everything on the cruise was excellent. The boat and the people were great. The scenery was beautiful and I especially loved the Portuguese Dinner/barbecue on the Sun Deck, it was the highlight of the cruise, I think. More
5. All the activities/excursions from the boat were ok but sometimes a bit redundant; i.e., another church, another castle, etc.
All in All, I would still recommend it because I loved Portugal and I think everyone should go and see this beautiful country and its beautiful people. Less
Viking Torgil Cruise
Cruising Portugal's wine count...
An excellent cruise on the Dou...