Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by ship123: Research/ Ask questions- Never assume!

ship123
Member Since 2014

Embarkation Not Rated

Research/ Ask questions- Never assume!

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I agree with the previous review:Get ready to be up charged for EVERYTHING!

You won't save any money booking a Bahamas Celebration Cruise even if you get it for "free" for sitting through a 3-4 hour timeshare presentation. After each night on the old and outdated ship, we received up charges for fuel charges, mandatory tipping fees for staff and other bizarre charges that added $200 on the way there and $105 on the way back. We bought no soda, attended no upcharged meals, and did no excursions or paid activities on the board. This was in spite of the fact that everywhere you turn on the boat, someone is trying to sell you something. There is a speaker system throughout the boat that they use for sales announcements morning, noon and night. Think North Korean indoctrination meets "attention Walmart shoppers" announcements. Shore excursions, alcohol, massages, more expensive dinner, casino, photos in the lobby... It was absolutely ridiculous. The food reminded me of a hospital More cafeteria. Grocery aisle pizza, rubbery chicken, iceberg lettuce salads with a carrot or two, and so on. Save your hard earned money for a reputable cruise line. This cruise left me feeling completely ripped off.

We upgraded to the 6th level of the ship - another complete waste of money. The bed was like a cot and the bathroom was smaller than the smallest closet in your house. Thankfully we are both thin people because I can't imagine how anyone over 200lbs takes a shower. The funniest part of the ship was probably the gym that they promoted excessively in the marketing materials. It is a complete joke.

On top of this the hot tub closed at 8 and the swimming pool closed at 10! The swimming pool was very small and filled with children. I'm not against children but the advertisement I read was a "party boat". There were more families in attendance. It was freezing in the room and other public rooms through out the boat. Also, on top of paying 12 dollars a day for a service charge you are charged 15% on every beverage or service bought.

The staff was nice and helpful and the boat was clean. I guess you pay for what you get! Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 6401

Nice and clean but they did seem to come in our cabin too many times. Great ocean view from the room!