Carnival Victory Cruise Review by jfigueroa003: Aboard the Carnival Victory... The good, the bad and the ugly.

jfigueroa003
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Western Caribbean Cruises

Aboard the Carnival Victory... The good, the bad and the ugly.

Sail Date: July 2014

Getting on & off… Faster to the Fun gets 5 stars, The overall boarding process gets 4 stars. Disembarkation - Priceless

Ship itself… Yes it’s a bit old, but nice… I did not notice any major ‘wear and tear’ it is maintained nicely. Not sure if it was just me, but never felt sea sick or felt that it was moving at all. That is a first for me. The Ship itself gets 4 stars.

Cabin... Good size, liked the 3rd bed. Nice balcony... Overall clean & well maintained. Good closet and storage space. Cabin gets a 4 star.

Food… Wow!! Not a good wow! This was chaos! There were a lot of people here. Lines were huge. And this did not change a bit through the entire cruise. Two times we waited in line for over 40 minutes to get food. This was way too much for me. Food tasted fine, some items were really good. Some were just OK, I couldn't say that I had anything that was bad. But the process was to get the food was very More painful.

The Sushi restaurant that they advertise in the brochures is closed- boo!! A little upset by that, feels a bit deceptive.

For lunch,If you like to drink soda, prepare for the worst experience. Sodas are a bar item in this ship. We purchased Bottomless bubbles program, which is fairly priced, but you have to make a second HUGE line at the bar if you want a soda. Every single time you want a refill!!! Not cool!

So to put this in perspective. 40 minutes to get food + 15 minutes to find a table + 20 minutes to get a soda = 1 hour and 15 minutes to start eating. In this order, almost certain that you are going to get to eat a cold lunch or dinner.

Dining experience gets 1 star, Food taste gets 3.5 stars, Bottomless Bubbles program gets 2 stars.

Activities… Everybody raves about the cruise director. I did not meet the guy or saw him once. Don’t think he is funny or annoying or anything at all. As far I am concerned, he is non-existent. However, I do know that he’s employees think that he is unorganized and don’t answer his calls. They also refer to him as a *******. Again, did not meet the guy, just overheard a couple of employees while sitting at the lounge. But I think that says a lot.

The Spa, is a radically overpriced beauty salon. Although my wife and mother, did not seemed to mind, they got what they wanted. My only complaint is that after they enjoyed the $800 makeover (which they agree was worth it, I differ on that) , they felt really uncomfortable because of the amount of products they were trying to sell them. Not cool either. SPA started at 4 stars, because of the overselling they get 2.

The pools were so full that I am still wondering how they all fit in there. At one point they couldn't move. The water also seemed yellow last time I passed through there, not sure if it was because of the reflection of the sun or the current chemistry at that particular time. Did not want to find out…

At night, drinking seemed to be the main activity. By the end of the night, you would experience flying drinks to the lobby and art gallery followed by people throwing up in elevators, hallway boxing matches, and my absolute favorite, jumping furniture off the side of the ship.

Activities get 2 stars, Organization get 1 star, Security, I don’t think they had any or they were way to busy.

Overall Feeling... Felt like the ship had a capacity of 1,000 people and they jammed 2,500. Not a good feeling, will not cruise this one again.

Overall value is a 1 star, I wanted to cruise to relax for ended up more stressed. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>