Carnival Elation Cruise Review by tiepet

Member Name: tiepet
Cruise Date: July 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

Trip Sucked!

We got back from our trip to Cozumel & Progreso on July 26, this entire cruise sucked! It was a total disappointment. From the food to the entertainment. The kids that were on the boat had more fun then the grown ups. Who wants to go on a cruise to play trivia games all day? This cruise is for a much older crowd and for families. A lot of the people I talked to said they would not chose this ship again. I went with three of my friends if it wasn't for us entertaining ourselves we would've probably stayed in the room majority of the time. I expected to enjoy myself from the time I stepped onto the ship, boy was that a complete let down. I'm 40+ I don't want to sit around playing trivia games, watching musicals, or listening to mediocre music. When we booked the cruise we wasn't allowed to know what the itinerary was so it was a huge disappointment to see some of the activities that were scheduled. Trivia, jewelry sales, bingo, more trivia, karaoke, more trivia, more jewelry sale, gambling tournaments, etc. Really? Who wants to do that all day everyday! Come on!! If I had of known that this cruise was 85 percent of families I would have chose Royal Caribbean or a different ship with carnival! This was by far a waste of my hard earn money! I could have done those things at home. REGRET REGRET REGRET!!!! The only decent time we had was off the ship for a few hours at each port!!

Publication Date: 08/05/14