Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by DeltaCruzerFan: Not Much to do Days at Sea - EAT - EAT - EAT

DeltaCruzerFan
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Alaska Cruises

Not Much to do Days at Sea - EAT - EAT - EAT

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Dream to see Alaska wasn't the thrill I expected. Our room was great as we opted to get a balcony. I would have hated my room if it didn't have that feature. But if you are a a light sleeper don't stay on the 8th floor, lido deck is noisy 24-7, which is right above you.

Ship staff was great. Food was fair. Nothing over the top. Lots of lectures to try and get more money from you. Live shows were okay but reminded me of high school productions.Comedy shows are good but beware of adult only shows. Adult shows can get a little offending - not my 1st choice of comedy, when swearing is the 1st language during the show.

Glaciers were okay but not as exciting to see by ship or land. Highly recommend the off ship excursion onto small boat while on cruise of Tracy Arm Fjord or by air flight in Juneau.

Miracle only stops at two ports in Alaska. Skagway was run down and rained the whole time. Do not waste your money on train ride in Skagway if it is raining or foggy. More You will not see anything.

Juneau was most memorable. Loved the Medenhall glacier & Wildlife Quest excursion. Saw lots of whales on tour.

Okay back to my review of the Miracle ship. Ship was very Clean and staff went beyond the call of duty. I won't spoil it for you but they leave a cute surprise in your room every night. Food service was excellent. You could order as much as you wanted, no limits. Servers always remembered your names and greeted us with a smile. We preferred the dining room for dinner.

I got sick when I ate fried food from several different places on the lido deck. Plus when we wanted lunch sometimes everything was closed. So we would just order room service and got sandwiches. We got room service for breakfast on excursion days which was nice. Matter a fact we had more room service for breakfast and lunch than we ate anywhere else.

Some days at sea, we just sat in our room watching tv or on the balcony looking at scenery as there was nothing to do but gamble or drink.

Went to two lectures that turned out to be more of a sales pitch to buy something. I enjoyed all the R&R on the trip but was anxious to get home. My husband was bored for the entire cruise but loved the wild life excursion and the glacier flight excursions. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>