MSC Opera Cruise Review by AR02OUR: Fantastic Cruise...Ignore Bad Reviews

Fantastic Cruise...Ignore Bad Reviews

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

I read so many bad reviews before I went that I was dreading going. ALL I CAN SAY IS, WERE THESE PEOPLE ON A DIFFERENT CRUISE SHIP! Embarkation was very straightforward and well organised, and there was 750 embarking in Southampton. Ship was very clean and well maintained and staff where constantly working to keep standards. Cabin was spotless, fresh towels everyday and constantly being asked by room steward if everything was ok.

We booked the all inclusive drinks package, fantastic selection to choose from. No hassle getting drinks from any of the bars. Just raise your 'cruise card' to the waiter/waitress and they are straight over for your drinks order.

Food...what can I say...amazing. We ate in the restaurant each evening, although 6 courses to choose from we only ever managed 3/4! Some days we had lunch in the formal dining room, delicious, some days the buffet and again great selection, never had a problem getting a seat.

For snacks best ever pizzas, More available all day, also chips, burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches also yummy.

From 4pm 'Afternoon Tea' was available in buffet and also 'English Afternoon Tea' in the formal restaurant was avaliable on days at sea, lovely touch. Both settings food was yum. Cookies, scones with cream/jam, cakes, sandwiches, wraps...

Breakfast we went to the buffet and the formal dining, normally for quickness on trip days the buffet and for days at sea the formal restaurant...food selection great and delicious.

Entertainment in the theatre each evening varied and very good, and great disco for the young ones upstairs which my daughter enjoyed.

Great atmosphere in the Cotton Club.

Service and attitude of the staff second to none. Very friendly, was very sad to say goodbye.

Disembarking was well organised and hassle free. To vacate your room by 7am (to enable cabins to be cleaned) and breakfast is available formally in the restaurant and in the buffet.

For the price of this cruise and what you get, brilliant value for money. Will book with MSC again.

The only complaint I have is...I put on weight! Less

Read more MSC Opera cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Opera Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Opera 9108/9100

2 Inside cabin's, Norma Deck, mid ship. Perfect. No noise or rocking of the boat.