Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by caribbeandave: Delighted

Delighted

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I found this cruise almost faultless, despite hearing that Royal Caribbean had reduced their standards in practically every area. Although prices have clearly increased for their European cruises, in my experience the standards on board Liberty of the Seas were better than ever.

The check in process was all done on arrival in Barcelona Airport which made embarkation on to the ship (via the exit) a pleasure.

Despite the large size ship, I found service levels from staff excellent and on par with the personal approach I received on smaller Vision class ships. I found the food very good both in the Windjammer and the Botticelli Restaurant and room service. My Time Dining worked perfectly for us and the waiters were great every time. I called the number each day to book and was successful within 15 minutes of time requested.

I had the beer & wine package ($40 per day) which was very good with all the well known Bottle beer brands available on it and the More their choice of wine was drinkable too. I felt that prices for drinks had come down anyway on board anyway. Beer $5 or 5 for $20 to me is good for European cruise bar prices.

The shows in the theatre were well presented (ex Britain's Got Talent contestants, a Spanish magician and the highlight Saturday Night Fever)- they are what they are and pass an hour in the evening. The plethora of lounges always had something going on. The entertainments team throughout the cruise very very good.

Disembarkation was pain free as we met at the designated lounge, when called, we were escorted to the luggage area and to the coaches waiting to transfers us to Barcelona Airport. No melee trying to get on a coach (as I had heard), all very civilised.

So overall I am delighted with my experience and relieved that Royal still have the "Wow" factor, as more than ever they really need to keep on top of the competitors biting at their heels. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>